Our team brings together many of the brightest minds and biggest hearts in their respective fields, be they scientists, educators, experiential facilitators, event planners, chefs, administrators, and much more.
Heart and Mind in the Workplace
Work With Us
Information Technology Coordinator
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) is looking for an information technology expert to serve as our in-house IT Coordinator in a full-time position that serves approximately 50 staff members (including a world-renowned team of scientists) and 6,000 retreat center guests per year on our 194-acre retreat center campus. The IT Coordinator is responsible for identifying, implementing, and stewarding IONS information technology priorities. Key activities include creating and maintaining an internal help desk, coordinating between IONS and external vendors and contractors regarding IT-related infrastructure and development, managing and troubleshooting network systems and software, and purchasing and maintaining hardware, website domains, and license documentation.
- Assess IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis to ensure the organization’s technology requirements are met.
- Set up and maintain an onsite organizational Help Desk maintaining excellent communication with users through timely and thorough completion of requests.
- Manage and monitor system and network performance including nearly 20 wifi access points throughout campus.
- Oversee all IT-related vendor and contractor relationships, including purchasing, tracking, invoicing, and budgeting.
- Perform regular maintenance activities (e.g. data backups).
- Maintain software and website domain licenses and upgrade schedules.
- Manage Sonic phone system.
- Ensure successful onboarding of new personnel via workstations and related technological equipment.
- Support firewall and antivirus/spyware security and mitigation measures. Monitor national security alerts.
- Maintain AWS cloud infrastructure (four virtual machines) and perform regular backups.
- Support a VPN system for employees who periodically work offsite.
- Document, update, and maintain IT department procedures. Ensure IT policies and procedures are up-to-date, relevant, and understood by all.
- Implement automated procedures for checking our IT system integrity and upgrade needs.
- Respond to staff and guest needs in a timely, courteous, and thorough manner.
- Serve as a back-up for our in-house retreat center audio-visual support.
- Develop innovative IT solutions for employees as new technologies become available.
- Engage in critical assessment of overall IT infrastructure and systems to increase efficiencies.
- Minimum of three years of experience in network management and help desk support.
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems, hardware, applications and audio visual systems (e.g., projectors, microphones, mixers, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze information, think strategically, and solve problems creatively and independently in a professional manner.
- Customer service/hospitality mindset — committed to providing an excellent experience for internal users and our retreat center guests.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow through on all aspects of responsibility.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; flexible and adaptable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Industry certifications and memberships a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Work hours are generally Monday through Friday, but the candidate must be flexible to accommodate evening/weekend hours required on an as-needed basis.
Dependent upon experience.
Benefits include health and dental insurance, a friendly work environment, delicious and nutritious lunch provided on most weekdays, and a compelling mission of service to the world.
Send a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position and your salary requirements, along with your resume to jobs(at)noetic.org with “IT Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters please. Position is open until filled.
Future Job Postings
New job openings are posted on our website regularly. Please check back frequently to see new positions as they become available. Feel free to submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com so we can keep it on file for future job openings.
The Institute of Noetic Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Share Your Passion and Talents
Assist the Institute of Noetic Sciences in a way that works for you. We have a host of opportunities:
From research and project-based work (e.g. coding keywords and themes from archival recordings; transcribing audio and video recordings, assisting with workshop development and course materials)…
…to simple administrative tasks (mass mailings, filing and organizing)
…to projects that call for professional expertise (such as grant and professional writing, and marketing assistance).
See how your gifts and experience can benefit the furtherance of our mission.
Community Group Network
A vibrant community of noetic seekers and community change agents exploring how to make a difference in the world.