Our team brings together many of the brightest minds and biggest hearts in their respective fields, be they scientists, educators, experiential facilitators, event planners, chefs, administrators and much more.
Heart and Mind in the Workplace
Work With Us
Lead Cook at EarthRise
We seek a part-time and/or full-time, punctual, reliable, hardworking, flexible professional Lead Cook who is immediately available to work weekday and weekend day-time shifts (6:30am-2:30pm) and evening shifts (2pm-9pm) and occasional holidays. Applicants must have reliable transportation as we are inaccessible by public transit. Natural, whole food experience a plus.
The EarthRise Kitchen team is part of the larger IONS campus, helping provide meals and hospitality services to both our guests of the EarthRise Retreat Center, and the staff of the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
We prioritize repurposing ingredients and value zero-waste modalities of working in the kitchen. Applicant must be able to plan menus on the go with special attention to guests’ needs and dietary restrictions and be able to redirect gracefully when things go unexpectedly.
We are a creative and respectful work environment where you’re treated like a human being with flexibility in schedule. We encourage having fun while we work hard. We love what we do and hope you do, too. There is no yelling in this kitchen. We strive for the balance between playfulness and professionalism, guaranteeing the guest and staff an amazing experience. Creative and intuitive cooking highly valued and encouraged.
- Leading the preparation of Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner with a crew of 1 to 4 others.
- Competency in both meat and vegan/vegetarian cooking and comfortable with global cuisine techniques and ingredients.
- Ability to plan seasonal menus paying attention to produce availability, weather, group dynamics, and overall re-purposing of food needs.
- Setting up and breaking-down buffet and hospitality services. Putting leftover food away with date and expiration date.
- Unloading order deliveries, communicating inventory needs to supervisors, adjusting menus based on orders and produce FIFO needs.
- Deep cleaning projects and ongoing daily cleaning and sanitation.
- Serve Safe Handlers Card or be able to prove completion within 30 days of hire.
- Construct menus ensuring variety, low waste, and quality of servings.
- Ability to accurately gauge amounts of food to prepare for ever-changing group numbers and ability to think on your feet when food runs out.
- Provide courteous and friendly customer service and front of house guidance.
- Ability to field and answer guest’s requests and questions or communicate to appropriate person when needed.
- Clear and strong communication skills necessity; must be able to lead staff with clear directions, be able to demonstrate desired outcomes and to be patient.
- Maintain kitchen, dining and dish area, equipment, utensils and service/platter ware in a clean and orderly condition.
- Rotate and maintain order in dry storage, walk-in, freezer and all prep spaces. Rotate stock in reach-in fridge and cleaning interior and exterior as necessary.
- Clean the kitchen, including sweeping/mopping floors, wiping/sanitizing counters, bringing compost and recycling bins to outside area, general maintenance and daily set up and break down.
Wage negotiable depending on experience; meal(s) provided during shift. Benefits package available if eligible (Health, Dental, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick time).
Apply with resume and cover letter by email only. No phone calls please.
Science Research Assistant
The Research Assistant (RA) will join our dynamic, multidisciplinary science team engaging in frontier science of consciousness. The position will provide support for all aspects of research being conducted at IONS EarthRise Retreat Center, located in the hills south of Petaluma near the Marin-Sonoma county line.
The person in this position will work closely with the science team, including the Director of Research, the principal investigator of each study, and other research assistants and interns.
The primary job responsibilities are the coordination and support of the day-to-day operations of the IONS Discovery Lab, which collects measures before and after transformational practices and experience. The successful candidate will be an excellent multi-tasker, naturally attend to details, be savvy with computers (PCs and Macs), love working with people, enjoy the process of exploring the far reaches of human capacities through laboratory experiments, and be available to adapt their schedule for evening and weekend hours.
- Supporting marketing and recruitment for IONS Discovery Lab (IDL) in collaboration with other team members on campus and online.
- Coordination with workshop leaders around IDL activities (including multiple emails and telephone calls)
- Greeting participants who come to the IONS Discovery lab (IDL)
- Explaining study procedures for IDL including logistics of data use agreements and follow up with reports
- Guiding participants through the survey
- Collecting 4-channel EEG and 1-channel ECG
- Managing labs Chromebooks and other equipment ensuring proper functioning
- Ensuring appropriate inventory of supplies
- Tracking various aspects of IDL projects in Google sheets including scheduling
- Coordinating with director and interested parties in project development for additional IDL measure collection
- If interested, the RA may also be involved in being a co-author of papers intended for professional journals, and/or articles intended for the general public
- Collecting physiological and psychometric data collection from participants including but not limited to EEG, EKG, respiration, blood pressure, skin conductance.
- Data management and analysis of psychophysiological data
- Training interns/volunteers to support IDL groups
- The ideal candidate will have no more 0-2 years of prior experience.
- Primary work hours are 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The candidate MUST be available to flex work hours for occasional evening and weekend hours. This is a non-exempt position. All overtime must receive prior written approval from the supervisor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Apple products, and Google platform.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Other qualities of a successful candidate:
Success in this role requires dependability, reliability, and integrity; excellent capacities for teamwork and collaboration; the ability to use good judgment, be proactive, work independently, and take initiative; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent time management skills; and technical capacities and proficiency. In addition, this position requires the following:
- Experience with SurveyMonkey and TeamGantt
- Strong interest in the noetic sciences or similar consciousness topics
- Experience in customer service or other person-person activities
- Demonstrated grace under pressure, ability to be flexible, good sense of humor
- Extremely resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, and communicative
- Open, curious and willing attitude in learning new things
- Experience in clinical research settings
- Experience with psychophysiology collection and analysis
Reports to: Director of Research
Compensation: This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefited employee position. Compensation will be dependent on experience and skills.
To Apply: Send a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume with “Research Assistant – IONS” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters please. Position is open until filled.
Future Job Postings
New job openings are posted on our website regularly. Please check back frequently to see new positions as they become available. Feel free to submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep it on file for future job openings.
The Institute of Noetic Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Share Your Passion and Talents
Assist the Institute of Noetic Sciences in a way that works for you. We have a host of opportunities:
From research and project-based work (e.g. coding keywords and themes from archival recordings; transcribing audio and video recordings, assisting with workshop development and course materials)…
…to simple administrative tasks (mass mailings, filing and organizing)
…to projects that call for professional expertise (such as grant and professional writing, and marketing assistance).
See how your gifts and experience can benefit the furtherance of our mission.
Community Group Network
A vibrant community of noetic seekers and community change agents exploring how to make a difference in the world.