IONS has a vibrant volunteer program that gives college students, professionals, and community supporters the opportunity to work with our Science and Experience teams.
Volunteers are assigned a mentor/supervisor and typically a specific project to work on. Volunteer time commitments vary. Some volunteers work a few hours for a time-sensitive project, like mailings or copying. Other volunteers commit a regular number of hours each week (usual range is 3-20). Volunteer positions are unpaid and IONS does not provide assistance in securing housing for those coming from out of the area nor travel to and from the IONS office.
We have project-based volunteer opportunities that may include:
- Administrative tasks (filing and organizing)
- Projects that call for professional expertise (such as grant and professional writing, and marketing assistance).
- Assistance with research projects (e.g. coding keywords and themes from archival recordings; transcribing audio and video recordings)
- Background research/literature reviews
- Data management and analysis
- Academic manuscript preparation
- Social media/blogging
- Community member relations
- Developing marketing materials
- Curriculum development
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Filing and scanning archival material