For new-comers to meditation in general, or to mindfulness specifically, IMMI is designed to support anyone who would like to learn how to reduce stress and increase their quality of life.
Though this form of meditation originates in Eastern Spiritual practices (such as Buddhism), in modern Western cultures mindfulness is usually defined as paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally. IMMI explores this basic definition on many different levels.
With the IMMI training program you will learn concepts, skills, and tools such as:
- using the breath to bring attention to the present moment;
- body scans to connect with one’s physical presence and sensations;
- using mindfulness in day-to-day activities;
- being with difficult emotions;
- and relating to thoughts in new ways.
Research has shown that mindfulness meditation has positive effects in many populations, including children, adults, and those with health or mental health diagnoses.