As we approach and move through the later chapters of our lives, we have choices that make a big difference in our experience of this unique period of life. Do we view this time of our lives as being primarily defined by diminishment, loss and disengagement, or by continual growth, passion and service grounded in a strong sense of purpose?
This highly experiential and interactive retreat is for those who feel called to reach beyond their comfort zones and self-inflicted limitations to look for opportunities that guide them to live into the life they want. Together we will explore and experience:
- the importance and power of purpose, and how to find and live with purpose as the compass by which we choose to develop our depth, integrity and meaning
- the essential role of passion in providing the dynamic energy that empowers our sense of purpose, and strategies for calling forth the energy of our passion
- intentionality: the dynamic process by which we aim for that which is truly important to us, and how we keep our intentionality alive amid the distractions, fears, and disempowering messages from without and within
- other practices that support growth and continual unfolding in the elder chapters of our one precious life
We invite you to give yourself the gift of unhurried time, strong community, an atmosphere of sacred space, skilled guidance, and reflective time in the beautiful gardens and forested hills of EarthRise to help envision what it can be like to grow elder rather than just older by aiming high.
Retreat Fees: $1145* (For commuters: $795)
Early Bird Fee: $1045* if registered and paid in full by June 27th
* Includes lodging and meals
About the Presenters
Ron Pevny, M.A., is Founding Director of the Center for Conscious Eldering based in Durango, Colorado. He is author of Conscious Living, Conscious Aging: Embrace and Savor Your Next Chapter, published in 2014 by Beyond Words (Atria Books). Ron is also a Certified Sage-ing® Leader, and served as the host/interviewer for the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Transforming Aging Summits presented by The Shift Network.
Dr. Katia Petersen, is President of Petersen Argo, Inc. and former Director of Education at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS). Katia is an author, motivational speaker and master trainer. Her experiential work, including providing telecourses and other support for facilitators in the IONS Conscious Aging Program, centers around creating safe and effective environments for individuals and groups to recognize their sense of purpose and meaning.