Donations & Gifts
- If you make a contribution, we collect your name, email, the amount and date of the donation. If you provide it, we also maintain your address and telephone number.
- While we will not disclose the specific amount of your gift, we may display your name and a giving range in our annual report or other publications in print or online. If you wish your name to remain anonymous, please contact us by email or call 707.781.7411.
- Your online donation is processed via a safe, secure and private facility for making online gifts.
- The names of donors are kept in a secure database to send thank you and tax letters. Your email address is added to our email list. We email newsletters and updates, as well as periodic event invitations. If you ever decide you do not want these updates, you can request to be removed from the list by replying to the email with the request to be removed, or by emailing the request to be removed.
- We do not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal information with any outside organizations, nor do we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. No donation history is made available to any party outside IONS. We provide information about major contributions to tax authorities as required by law.
Managing Your Privacy
As stated above, we will not collect personally identifying information about you without your knowledge, so the decision whether or not to share this information is completely up to you. You may request deletion or modification of your other personal information by contacting us via email. Note that any deleted information may remain in our data store as a result of routine system back-ups, but we will no longer use that information.