What are we doing?
We are assessing the accuracy of mediums at determining the cause of death of 200 individuals and measure the (electro)physiological differences taking place in the participants’ body while doing the task. We will also apply machine-learning techniques to try to determine what type of cues participants could be using.
Why are we doing this?
To determine how mediums can gain verifiable information using means not yet understood by modern science. To better understand this phenomenon and what type of brain and physiological activity are associated with these processes.
Who are we looking for?
- Any healthy individual who does not have any type of psychic ability or associated ability.
- Who has no visual deficiencies.
- Who is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and is willing to commute to the Institute of Noetic Sciences at your own cost.
- Who has no psychiatric diagnosis or following a medical treatment.
What would you have to do?
The 1.5-hour visit at the IONS laboratory will include:
- A short set of questionnaires and tasks (~20 min);
- An experiment where photographs of individuals are presented you are asked to determine the cause of their death among 3 choices (~45 min); and
- Complete a short survey and tasks at the end (~15 min)
Will I receive compensation?
You will receive a $100 gift card for your time.
Your participation is voluntary and your identity will remain confidential. If you’re interested in participating, please contact us by calling (707) 779-8273 or emailing the research assistant to learn more.