Thank you for your interest in working with the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
Position: Part Time near Petaluma, CA
Deadline for Application: December 31, 2017 (position open until filled)
- Work with the Director of Development to implement a comprehensive grants strategy for IONS, including project and operating funds from a variety of existing and new foundation, corporate, and government sources
- Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, and government agencies to evaluate prospects for grants that match funding focus with IONS projects and initiatives
- Conduct the full range of pre-award activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporate sources, and government agencies
- In collaboration with science, education and development staff, prepare and write letters of intent, proposals, and grant applications
- Create and compile proposal attachments, and complete written projects as needed
- Coordinate post-award progress and final reports and related correspondence
- Maintain grants tracking system and calendar and ensure that all deadlines and reporting requirements are being met, and funding projections are clear and accurate
- Organize and maintain necessary electronic files for all grant proposals and reports
- Work with IONS staff to adhere to timelines for application processes and necessary reports
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with foundation, corporate, and government agency leadership and program officers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proven track record of successful grant writing for non-profits, with at least three years of experience writing and managing grants program
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write and edit clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Able to clearly link IONS mission and programs with funders’ priorities
- Understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Demonstrated experience and ability to research projects through a variety of means
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising and development functions
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, manage several projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- High level of computer literacy and familiarity using donor and foundation databases
- Disciplined self-starter who can set and achieve goals
- Ability to work well with diverse groups including internal and external audiences
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor are highly desirable
- Connections and access to like-minded foundations and program staff a big plus
Compensation and Benefits: This is a long-term, part-time hourly position of approximately 20-30 hours per week at $25-$30 per hour (depending on the candidate and regular needs).
To Apply: If you are interested in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore noetic.org. Then submit cover letter, resume, and grant writing sample electronically to hiring manager at [email protected] by December 31, 2017. Include your name and “Grant Writer” in the subject line, and submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample as separate attachments. No phone calls or visits, please.
The Institute of Noetic Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
About the Institute of Noetic Sciences
The Institute of Noetic Sciences is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to fostering a transformation in consciousness through science, education, and community. We conduct, advance, and broaden the science of what connects us, reaching new understandings about the nature of reality and our extended capacities. From what we learn, we create real-world tools that empower people to apply conscious awareness in their personal lives, and in healthcare, education, and business. We host a vibrant community of explorers and change agents who are working together to make a difference in the world. We also own and operate the majestic 194-acre EarthRise Transformative Learning and Retreat Center in Petaluma, CA, where over 5000 guests each year engage in transformational programs and practices that foster self-reflection and personal growth.