Thank you for your interest in working with the Institute of Noetic Sciences
Position(s) currently open:
EarthRise at IONS is a 64-room transformative learning center hosting educational programs and workshops that focus on health, personal growth, science, and spirituality. The campus is located approximately 26 miles north of San Francisco at the border of beautiful Marin and Sonoma Counties, just off of Highway 101, and 10 minutes from downtown Petaluma, at 101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, CA. EarthRise is owned by the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS), a non-profit research organization founded in 1973.
Working at EarthRise is a fast-paced environment full of fun, hardworking teams. We are in the most creative field in the universe and enjoy a culture of mindfulness and exploration. Please consider joining our team.
We are currently searching for a Reception/Bookstore Clerk to join our team. This is an hourly part time position. Available work days are Monday – Sunday, typical hours are 11am – 7:30pm. This position reports to the Bookstore Manager. The bookstore at EarthRise Transformative Center sells books, gifts, toiletries, food items & beverages, including alcoholic beverages.
The Key Responsibilities
- 1. Retail Sales:
- The ability to operate a computer and cash register and understand how to make change.
- At the end of the day count the Cash Drawer, following accounting procedures.
- Be able to work under pressure when the store is busy. Be able to make fast accurate transactions and decisions.
- Keep the store neat and clean and well stocked with items from storage.
- Notifying the bookstore manager of any problems that need to be taken care of.
- 2. Reception:
- Be a spokesperson for IONS sharing our mission with visitors from all over the world.
- Check in Guests and give orientations
- Answer Main Line and transfer calls
- Answer inquiry emails for Personal Retreats
- Be alert and friendly while guests are in the store.
Eligible candidates must be 18 years or older; have excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills. This position uses computers frequently including Google Apps; Microsoft Word, Excel and database event system. This position demands that the candidate be extremely accurate, detail oriented, dependable and proactive. A positive can-do attitude and flexibility is required. An interest in transformative education is desirable. This is an entry level position that requires a high school diploma or GED.
Required to sit for long periods of time using computer; occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds; work environment consists of beautiful vistas in a rural environment. Must be able to walk distances of .25 mile at a time – this is the distance of our offices and the employee parking area.
This position may be eligible to receive benefits. We offer many outstanding benefits such as vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), plus meals when learning center is active.
To apply for this entry level hourly position
- Email your resume and wage requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must reference in the subject line: Bookstore Opening at EarthRise