Thank you for your interest in working with the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
Event Services Set-Up Staff: EarthRise Transformative Learning Center (IONS)
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) owns and operates the majestic 194-acre EarthRise Transformative Learning and Retreat Center in southern Petaluma, CA, where over 5,000 guests each year engage in transformational programs and practices that foster self-reflection and personal growth. With six meeting rooms, 64 lodging rooms, and meals available for up to 100 people, we are an ideal venue for workshop leaders, organizations, and groups from around the world to host events and multi-day workshops.
The EarthRise Event Services Set-Up Staff is responsible for ensuring meeting rooms and AV equipment are set up completely and on time, in the layout as specified by the event coordinators and clients. The ideal candidate will work successfully with coworkers, clients, and guests as well as have good communication skills. This is an full-time position working some weekends.
- Responsible for setting up and taking down tables, chairs, back jacks, and other items according to the meeting room configuration requested.
- Obtain proper linens and drape tables as necessary.
- Set up AV as ordered, test equipment, and perform an AV “walk-through” with the group leader upon arrival.
- Perform cleaning duties as part of each meeting room set-up (vacuum, dust, mop, clean windows, etc).
- Assist kitchen with snack & beverage delivery and pick-up as needed.
- Inspect meeting rooms for completeness of arrangements as detailed in the event logistics prior to the customer arriving
- Deliver and setup additional equipment or furnishings to an event, as needed.
- Check meeting rooms during a retreat and vacuum floors, empty trash and carry dishes to the dining hall as needed.
- Breakdown and properly store tables, chairs, AV equipment and other items after each event.
- Track equipment and supplies inventory.
- Report maintenance needs.
- Perform additional tasks as required (i.e. maintenance, grounds keeping, trash removal, spa checks, bathroom cleaning, etc.).
- 1 year of applicable experience required
- Previous AV experience highly desirable
- Be able to take initiative and use critical thinking to organize large and small projects
- Team player and communicates effectively with staff, management, and guests
- Able to work independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Hospitality mindset with a positive, flexible, and customer service attitude
- An interest in transformative education is desirable.
- This position uses some computer applications like Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
- Eligible candidates must be 18 years or older
- 40 hours per week; schedule varies. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift at least 40lbs. Walking, bending, lifting required.
- Work environment consists of beautiful vistas in a rural environment. Must be able to walk distances of .25 mile at a time – this is the distance of our offices and the employee parking area.
To apply, please submit a resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter that describes your interest in working at EarthRise and your relevant experience. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Please put “EarthRise Event Services Set-Up Staff” in the subject line of your email.
About the Institute of Noetic Sciences
The Institute of Noetic Sciences is a 43 year-old non-profit organization that is dedicated to fostering a transformation in consciousness through science, education, and community. We conduct, advance, and broaden the science of what connects us, reaching new understandings about the nature of reality and our extended capacities. From what we learn, we create real-world tools that empower people to apply conscious awareness in their personal lives, and in healthcare, education, and business. We host a vibrant community of explorers and change agents who are working together to make a difference in the world. We also own and operate the majestic 194-acre EarthRise Transformative Learning and Retreat Center in Petaluma, CA, where over 5000 guests each year engage in transformational programs and practices that foster self-reflection and personal growth.