Part-time Internship, Social Media Coordinator
Location: Remote, Must Be Able to Meet Via Zoom on West Coast Time
We are seeking a dynamic social media intern who is passionate about the work IONS does.
The ideal candidate possesses understanding of the current digital media landscape. You will be responsible for expanding and managing the social media presence of the Science Team Director on multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter) through Buffer.com. This will include working closely with the Science Director for content, making content accessible to the general public, and project managing timing of posts.
The job description is below. If interested, please fill out the intern application form and mention this project within the application. This position will begin ASAP.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Post on our platforms regularly with timely, engaging content that reflects the tone and goals of the organization
- Become well versed on IONS and adept at breaking down information into engaging, accurate and clear social media posts
- Researching and drafting relevant posts, and have an eye for selecting complementary photos
Monitoring the social media landscape for relevant content and accounts to engage
- Follow conversations relative to posts by IONS accounts and engage accordingly, with an organizational tone in mind
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent internal/team communication skills
- Working knowledge of IONS
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Experience with social media for nonprofit or a brand preferred
- Experience using Buffer.com preferred
- 5-10 hours a week
- Internship length
- Minimum of 6 months
- This is an unpaid internship, with opportunity for college credit