Pacific Pearl La Jolla and IONS Senior Fellow Dr. Cassandra Vieten are bringing an 8-week, online Mindfulness for Well-Being (MWB) course to all members, patients, and friends. Adults and teens over 16 are welcome to join.
As an added bonus, all course participants are invited to join the Pacific Pearl La Jolla’s ongoing private Lifestyle Change Support Group taking place via Zoom every Monday from 5:00 to 6:00 PM.
Mindfulness for Well-Being in Body, Mind & Spirit
Tuesdays starting September 21 – November 9, 2021
5:00-7:30 PM PDT
This course is appropriate for beginners as well as experienced mindfulness practitioners who want to bring their practice more explicitly into their daily lives. It aims to help you:
- Improve your overall well-being using evidence-based mindfulness practices
- Reduce stress, distress, and mood disturbance
- Improve emotion regulation & increase positive emotion
- Encourage mindful eating, body movement, and an active lifestyle
- Increase your ability to tolerate and regulate stress without resorting to unhealthy behaviors
- Treat yourself and others with kindness and compassion, including healthy boundaries
- Increasingly approach your experiences, regardless of their content, with acceptance, and willingness to meet things as they are, with open eyes and an open heart
- Make decisions and take actions that are in alignment with your values and long-term goals