Have you ever worked hard to make a change, only to find yourself slipping back into old habits? Want to supercharge your ability to stimulate behavior change in others when it comes to the issues you care about the most? Is it time to break free from old patterns and build your next chapter? This workshop is for people in the process of change and those who work as change agents with individuals, groups, and organizations and in society.
Through dialogue, experiential practice, and creative process, we will bridge the science of breakthroughs with indigenous, religious, spiritual, and secular models of transformation. You will:
- Learn what works and what doesn’t to inspire lasting change in yourself and others.
- Explore how peak experiences, a-ha! moments and awe can stimulate change.
- Examine how we and those we work with can get stuck or lost, and find ways to shake free from periods of inertia or patterns that prevent us from moving forward.
- Investigate the transformative potential of pain, hitting bottom, and post-traumatic growth.
- Delve into stories, symbols, and metaphors of transformation to guide your path.
Join IONS Fellow Cassandra Vieten, PhD, for this transformational exploration of our most deeply entrenched behaviors. Learn how to break free from the patterns that no longer serve you — and create new habits that will change your life.
Recommended reading: Schlitz, Vieten and Amorok, Living Deeply: The Art and Science of Transformation in Everyday Life.
How We Change and Why We Don’t: The Art and Science of Transformation
May 29 – June 2, 2023
The Esalen Institute
This workshop is hosted by the Esalen Institute. Please visit their website for more information.
LEARN MORE AND REGISTER AT ESALEN’S WEBSITE