Discussions

Anonymous Icon

mindset

Posted Nov. 4, 2013 by dontkno in Open

commented on Nov. 14, 2013
by frequencytuner

I wonder if tpartiers or similar thinkers meditate.Openness to possibilities or grey versus black and white seems to be a root contrast between left and right.Am I missing something?

• 5 Comments  
  • frequencytuner Nov 14, 2013

Meditation in not merely an activity for stress relief, it is a way of being. Anything internal or external that displaces your inner harmony and pulls your from the meditative existence is what most people call 'reality', yet it is the illusion. Imagine you are a carrying a bullseye compass on top of your head, when the air pocket is perfectly inside the circle, you are balanced and in the meditative state of existence. How careful are we in our lives to maintain this delicate balance? This is our true state of being, all else is illusion, or maya (Buddhist). One can meditate while driving, feeling the vehicle and the road as part of himself: playing sports, martial arts, crafts, hobbies, writing, drawing, painting, sculpting, cooking, gardening, designing, building, fixing, exercising, dancing, singing etc.
    Pure Spiritual meditation is best done in pure darkness for about 72 hours or so. Not many people can afford this sacrifice or are willing to accept the truth it bestows: "the dot in the center" is not what most think.

• Anonymous Icon

dontkno Nov 05, 2013

Meditating on any specific seems to be exclusive rather than open to the unknown.Not sure. just want to offer food for thought.

• mrmathew1963 Nov 05, 2013

G'day dontkno

There are many ways to mediate, scientists meditate believe it or not. Meditation refers to contemplating, pondering, reflecting & so on, scientists do this on a regular basis. Most people have the idea meditation is all about not thinking but that’s not quite correct because like I said there a many ways to mediate depending on what one’s deductive reasoning is.

A spiritually aware person will go into their own quietness but so do scientists it’s just with scientist the outcome is different compared to a spiritualists, most of the times. Spiritually aware people will mediate on a specific thing at times which produces an answer in one way or another & so do scientists. My brothers scientifically minded & he will totally space out devoid of anything going on around him at times.

The way I meditate is to sit within my own quietness simular to a scientist however I rarely meditate on any specific thing, I just let it flow where’s a scientist has to go with a certain flow.

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Nov 04, 2013

Watch this video about the brain of these groups. http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind.html

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Nov 04, 2013

I rarely meditate, because I was born with a mathematical Consciousess that relentlessly dissolves me back to zero constantly, so I have to struggle to keep myself away from relentless resolution. All life is inescapably projection, and if you don't project and keep it out there, your whole world really will collapse all around you!

I do meditate if I am stressed and/or just want to experience the peacefulness of Core balance readily.

However, I highly recommend meditation for those who are seeking balance.

Draw a circle and put a dot "in the middle" of it. The dot is the Core Truth, and the circle is your projection in every direction. Meditation teaches you to "let go" of all control, all projections, to experience your way back to the Universal Core Truth. It unstresses every aspect of yourself because your body and mind already know the truth, but are fought against as you project. Meditation aligns every aspect of yourself, every organ and system of yourself, with their natural origin. That's why it feels so good!

Imagine, then, carrying that peaceful presence with you, everywhere you go, when you are Enlightened/Conscious!

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS