Support IONS

How do I include IONS in my will or living trust?

Bruce and Nancy Roberts

“As the board chair of the IONS planned giving committee, we would like to encourage members to allow their passion for IONS to motivate them to include IONS in their estate plan as we have done so that their passion can have an effect for years in the future. With our planned gift we hope to help IONS be able to continue their positive impact in the world and we hope that you will join us with a generous planned gift of your own.”
–Bruce and Nancy Roberts

The most common way people remember IONS in a will or living trust is through a charitable bequest. You do not have to rewrite your current documents. You simply add an amendment, called a codicil, to your will or living trust. Consider the following suggested language with your attorney:

" I devise and bequeath to IONS (tax ID 23-7236986), located in Petaluma, California, the sum of ________________________________ dollars
($ ___________)” — or state a percentage of your estate or describe real or personal property (including exact location for the benefit of its general purposes). You can also specify an IONS program you wish to support.

Your bequest is entirely under your control during life, becoming irrevocable only at death. If you have questions, contact Tiffany Mitchell at 707-779-8230 or .

Personalizing Your Estate Plan

This video, created by IONS planned giving specialist Phil Murphy, explains how a revocable charitable bequest can express the kind of person you are and add an exclamation point to a life well lived.


Stay in touch with IONS