- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
iRest Yoga Nidra
Level I Training
Monday, Apr 8, 2013, 7:30 AM
Friday, Apr 12, 2013, 12:30 PM (All times are local to the event.)
- Richard Miller, PhD
101 San Antonio Rd
Petaluma CA 94952
See a map
iRest Yoga Nidra is an evidence based ancient transformative practice of deep relaxation and meditative inquiry that releases negative emotions and thought patterns, calms the nervous system, and develops an inner sanctuary of well-being and equanimity that underlies all circumstance you may encounter in your life.
Research has shown iRest effectively reduces PTSD, depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, and chemical dependency, as well as increases well-being. It is an adjunctive treatment that has been integrated into veteran settings, homeless shelters, clinics, and healing and meditation centers, where healthcare professionals are integrating iRest to facilitate their own and their clients’ healing and wellbeing. iRest essentially teaches you how to live a contented life, free of conflict, anxiety, fear, and suffering by opening your mind and body to their inherent ground of health and wholeness.
This Level I training is designed to provide you with the basic principles, history, theory, practice, and delivery of iRest. This will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching, or clinical practice. The protocol has been designed for use in various settings that include a personal practice, yoga environments, physical therapy, massage therapy, social work, clinical and medical settings, alternative or integrative medical practices, as well as in-job training and job resiliency programs. Approximately 36 CE hours available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN.
What is included:
- the historical context and path of meditation in which iRest is embedded
- Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual perspectives that form the path of meditation and iRest
- evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest and its use with different psycho-physical issues and populations
- iRest within the context of meditation
- understanding of the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues, and ethical considerations
- the Ten Steps of iRest
- iRest for your personal practice
- how to teach iRest to groups and individuals in order to provide simple yet highly effective delivery of iRest in group and individual settings
- the opportunity to participate in group lectures and peer discussion groups
- multiple iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions
Level I iRest Graduates are eligible to:
- use the designation "Level I iRest Teacher" in advertising and promotional materials, and when delivering iRest in public and professional settings
- be listed on the IRI website as a Level I Graduate
- be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area
- audit Level I trainings at reduced rates
- utilize private mentoring from IRI Certified Mentors (additional fees apply)
- new! Access the valuable "iRest Teacher's Resource Webpage" to download iRest teaching materials and professionally designed promotional brochures, flyers, and more
- new! Join the iRest "Teacher's Community Network" (TCN) (additional fees apply)
You will learn iRest Yoga Nidra principles in conjunction with in-depth east-west developmental and psycho/physical practices, that include emotional and cognitive work, and meditative self-inquiry. The program includes interactive dialogue, mind/body deep rest and relaxation, and one-on-one and group deliveries of iRest that emphasize deep, heartfelt listening and welcoming, which in turn produces profound healing for yourself and those you work with.
iRest is one of the most effective and comprehensive programs that I've encountered for healing of trauma and enhancement of psychological well being. One great strength is that it is accessible to a wide range of populations, including veterans, homeless people, those who are seeking to enhance their personal and professional lives, and advanced practitioners who are dedicated to liberation. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Cassandra Vieten, PhD - Psychologist, Mind-Body Medicine Researcher, and Executive Director of Research at the Institute of Noetic Sciences
BEFORE JAN. 25, 2013 Early-bird rates:
Accommodations/Use Fees (includes 3 meals/day):
Shared (2 people per room): $680*
Single Room: $800*
Commuter (includes 3 meals/day): $280*
*AFTER JAN. 25, 2013, ADD $75 to the above fees.
Monday: 7:30am - 6:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 8:30am - 6:30pm
Friday: 8:30am - 12:30pm
How to Register:
Visit www.irest.us/events or call the IRI Office at 415-456-3909