Discussions

Anonymous Icon

What if GOD shows up in Times Square for 1 day and answers all our questions

Posted June 4, 2014 by hemantprana in Open

Anonymous Icon

commented on June 10, 2014
by dustproduction

What will happen to human race if the question of GOD's existence is answered once and for all by GOD himself.Suppose Jesus (or GOD in some other form) actually present Itself on Times Square (or any crowded and well connected place).Proves that IT is GOD by performing some miracles, etc and then answers all questions that Humans might have regarding GOD, Life, consciousness, Life after Death, How we are supposed to live our day to day life , etc.

Say, He allows himself to be photographed, interviewed and also answer questions from Scientific community regarding any ongoing experiments that might be conducting.

What impact do you think it will make on your day to day life after a week's time from that Incident and what do you think will be impact on the world in general.

I think there will be Euphoria for some time, confusion also in some parts for a few days and then life and business will be as usual.I don't think people will change in general even after they will see GOD and know from him that this is not the way to live.

I think we will still be stuck in earning our daily bread and gathering our materialistic assets.This is why GOD has made things so difficult to understand and perceive. Because he wants people who are really ready for him only to meet him.

This is just my opinion.What do you think???

• 29 Comments  
  • Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 10, 2014

Re: I read your article about history of universe and complexity etc.It was utterly incomplete.

A twenty minutes talk can only provide a hint as to what complexity involves. TEDTalks are intended to encourage you to become a self motivated learner.

Re: the article doesn't mention anything about consciousness.

The brain is made up of neural networks that are complex just like social networks, are power grids. These all follow the rules of complexity.
    It is thought that these neural networks respond in a way whereby our subjective awareness, what some refer to as "consciousness", is an emergent property of the brain, mind and a self-as-knower.

It some point science will need to replace the word "consciousness" since it is no longer a useful term when we examine the physical occurrences that take place in the body/brain.

• NoetPoet Jun 10, 2014

"It never mentioned anything about why complexity arises from mush."

Complexity is a subset of mush.

• Anonymous Icon

hemantprana Jun 10, 2014

@dust

Just to add- the article doesn't mention anything about consciousness.It says there were chemical reactions under the ocean and single cell life came into being.Then after million years other forms and then finally humans.Does it imply that consciousness is a by-product of human brain cells?? Do you agree with it?? Or do you think consciousness is something other then our physical beings.

Anyway as per that article i am not sure how would you define the origin of consciousness in evolution,

• Anonymous Icon

hemantprana Jun 10, 2014

@Dustproduction

I read your article about history of universe and complexity etc.It was utterly incomplete.It just said the things i already have read 1000 of times about big bang and what not.It never mentioned anything about why complexity arises from mush and then further complexity arises from it. Atleast it didn't see any mention of a scientific/mathematical method to prove this claim abt complexity.

Anyway i am not a very religious person myself and and am not saying that there is GOD for sure or not.I am just coming back to my original point about this topic which is that there are so many unknowns about how our universe works.I don't think any group (scientists, msytics, noets, etc) have all the answers.But my point is that even if we had all the answers it would hardly mean anything to a mass of people.They will either be confused, or simply dismiss the info as a rumor, etc.

That's why there is a definite filtering mechanism applied here in our world.I dont know who governs this filtering - GOD, Consciousness, Nature, or pure science but it definitely keep on filtering and evolving people (in multiple life times, maybe) to make them ready for the ultimate truth.And when one is ready to handle the info the truth is revealed to him.That's the ultimate goal of meditation also.I think that's what enlightenment is.

But if one is not ready for it then even if GOD comes and tells one that he is here and that one should just focus on him and nothing else, etc,one won't be able to do so.This i think proves free will also.

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Jun 09, 2014

NoetPoet,

“In other words you have nothing to worry about.”

I’m not worried about Planet X. When I read something as mundane as the Drudge Report and recognize the insanity of this world, I have experienced the thought “Bring it on!”

• NoetPoet Jun 09, 2014

EDIT: Sorry, dustproduction's post wasn't in the 2012 thread, it was a different Nibiru-themed thread. Still, we all remember how convinced people were about 21.12.2012 and Y2K, so I'm sure someone will revive that Nibiru thread sometime around September this year,,,

• NoetPoet Jun 09, 2014

@Jim:

"I would be interested in your reaction to the link Dustproduction posted to my topic “What do we do about this?”

I have been hearing about this for years, but have not heard anyone project the date of August 2014. There are times when I accept it and live life with abandon, such as seeking out a hooker to experience my suppressed fetishes. Then life comes back to things like buying a new washing machine because mine doesn’t empty the water."

At the risk of second-guessing dustproduction, I would say that he posted that link with his tongue firmly in his cheek. You'll notice that the thread was about the *utterly failed* predictions of the world ending in 2012. I'd say dustproduction just wants to remind everyone of the ludicrousness of such end of the world prophecies. In other words you have nothing to worry about. Here are some links which may be of interest to you:

http://skeptophilia.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/end-of-world-episode-452.html

"They end, though, with asking the right question: "Is this a HOAX?????? That's easy for all of you to verify: Grab a telescope and look at the coordinates yourself. If there's a planet there, and you see it getting larger (i.e. closer) over a few nights, then this is real and we've got potential problems." They give the planet's position -- at least as of a couple of days ago -- as Right Ascension: 04 hrs. 08 Min. 08 Sec.; Declination: 60 degrees 56 arc min. 43 arc sec. So it should be easy enough to check. It's sort of like the joke: "I asked myself, 'Why is the baseball getting bigger?' Then it hit me."

Me, I'm not losing sleep over it. If there really were a planet heading our way, one or two other astronomers would have had a thing or two to say about it by now."

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-an-astronomer-at-the-mcdonald-observatory-leaks-the-location-of-nibiru.3067/

"It has not moved, even over 22 years. A real planet approaching the inner solar system would move dramatically between those images, even if it were "coming right at us." "

And, just for a(nother) laugh, here's a whole website devoted to documenting the many,many failed end-of-the-world prophecies throughout history. It even has a section devoted to soon-to-be failed end of the world predictions. Have fun:

http://alma-geddon.com/

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 08, 2014

I will note that this is the ending of T S Elliot's "The Hollow Men"

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 08, 2014

Between the conception
    And the creation
    Between the emotion
    And the response
    Falls the Shadow
    Life is very long

Between the desire
    And the spasm
    Between the potency
    And the existence
    Between the essence
    And the descent
    Falls the Shadow
    For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
    Life is
    For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Jun 08, 2014

Noetpoet,

I like your idea better than mine and go along with it.

I would be interested in your reaction to the link Dustproduction posted to my topic “What do we do about this?”

I have been hearing about this for years, but have not heard anyone project the date of August 2014. There are times when I accept it and live life with abandon, such as seeking out a hooker to experience my suppressed fetishes. Then life comes back to things like buying a new washing machine because mine doesn’t empty the water.

He said he would be posting another link within a few days and that well over a week ago. Let’s delay further comment on it until he gets off his ass and posts it.

• NoetPoet Jun 08, 2014

@Jim,

Not just severely punished, but eradicated and forgotten. Belief in such hideous absurdities should be recognised for what it really is - a form of mental illness.

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Jun 07, 2014

I have just started watching the movie “Mystic Pizza”. Two young, innocent children of God were being married in a Christian Church.

The minister said “You two are entering a sacred union that is being blessed by God. This union cannot be broken because it is being blessed by God. To break it brings a future of eternal damnation.”

The bastards that preach this stuff should be arrested and placed in jail for placing a psychological curse on humans.

I've been through two divorces, a few live-INS and am now searching for a hooker that would assist me in satisfying certain abominable urges that are sure to turn up the heat in my future of eternal damnation.

One of my ex-wives cried to the point hysteria when our divorce papers were signed; because from the moment of signing those papers, she was sentenced to a future in hell.

I’m serious; religions that put such shit in people’s heads should be severely punished in an enlightened society.

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 07, 2014

"Russell's predictions about what the New Age would bring included "a marriage between religion and science" (MDI p 257). Russell appeared to believe that this "New Age" would begin in 1946, based on a vision he had in 1921."

"Russell accepted Richard Maurice Bucke's premise that not only the human body, but also human consciousness, had evolved in stages, that human consciousness periodically made iterative leaps, such as that from animal awareness to rational self-awareness, many millennia ago. Russell believed that humankind was on the brink of making another key, evolutionary leap in consciousness. The next cycle of human evolution, said Bucke, would be from rational self-consciousness to spiritual super-consciousness on the order of that experienced by sages, religious figures, and mystics of the past 2,500 years."

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Jun 07, 2014

I am certainly not a religious person, but have read the words of individuals for whom religions were founded. Occasionally and very rarely, something in the Bible seems to resonate with a mystical state of consciousness or perhaps even atheism.

“When Jesus was demanded by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said. The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or lo there! For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
    Luke: 20 and 21

• bestearth Jun 07, 2014

Of course God is not a man in the sky. There is a scientific explanation of God available by reading Walter Russell's work.

He wrote near 30 books, some on this subject. I have no way of explaining it but I thought to mention this most brilliant hardly heard of man.
    Walter Bowman Russell, books available from the University of Science and Philosophy
    'The Secret of Light' may be a good start. All the best.

• NoetPoet Jun 07, 2014

@Hemantprana,

"I don't know why you are getting so upset and angry.I didn't mean any of those things that you have pointed out.They are just your interpretations."

What irritates me is this neediness which makes people want to take refuge in divine entities. It's as if such people never fully grew up, never learned to appreciate both the realism and the value of a life without the emotional crutch of theism. What dismays me even more is that belief in god(s) doesn't merely serve as an unrealistic emotional crutch, it also leads to a whole range of atrocious behaviours: terrorists hijacking passenger jets and flying them into buildings, trusted clergy members perpetrating and/or covering up child sex abuse within the church, oppression of the rights of women and homosexuals and other minorities, the list goes on. Nothing is more dangerous than a person who thinks they are permitted - or even duty-bound - by an invisible divine entity to do whatever it takes to 'defend the faith'.

"What i meant was (and it is endorsed by you also by saying that natural world is not random) that not everything around us seem to be random.There is a definite design to nature.Some people believe that this design is by GOD , some call it supreme consciousness, collective consciousness, energy, etc"

Presence of order does not necessarily imply design - see dustproduction's response for more details. It is entirely possible, under the right conditions, for regular and self-perpetuating patterns of activity to arise and evolve. Indeed if reality as a whole really is "random" then it is actually inevitable that, at some point, self-sustaining and self-enhancing 'pockets' of order will randomly arise. This is referred to as "bottom-up" order, i.e. order which begins as a very simple pattern by chance, and owing to the particular qualities of its orderliness and other circumstances is able to build and build on itself. Theists think that order can only be "top-down", i.e. administered from on-high by a supreme complex author. But crediting the apparent order of reality to a "top-down" author (i.e, God) just leads to the even bigger problem of trying to explain the origin and complexity of God.

• NoetPoet Jun 07, 2014

"The only point that i am trying to make by this thread is that people keep on discussing about Noetic Sciences here and elsewhere but even if somehow they get to know the exact design of this world and all the answers they are seeking what difference will it actually make to their day to day life."

I have no idea. It depends on the person I guess. What I am pretty sure of is that even if God did appear in Times Square then 1) there would be people, both believer and atheist, who would refuse to believe that it was really God after the fact, and 2) even amongst those who were convinced that it was God, disagreements regarding interpretation of the incident and the answers provided by God would inevitably arise.

"So lets say we get a breakthrough in science and somehow you get to know all answers about consciousness, free will, existence of GOD, etc.How will it impact your day to day life?"

That would depend on what the answers are.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Jun 06, 2014

(Part 2...)

... John Lennon studied the 3000 year old Bhagavad Gita with his Krisna movement founder and began writing songs about Consciousness, including "Imagine." Most folks (of unconscious convention) mistakenly process his "imagine no religion" lyric as atheism, heresy, communism, etc.. Those with Consciousness (who fluently process Universal mathematical, multidimensional, multilinguistic translucence) hear his message as completely other than such claims. How would you reconcile this difference?

... Your feared confrontation with the Ultimate Answers you seek, relative to Universal Physics Processes, will, physics-wise, never take place until you have thoroughly earned your way/*Way* into that direct confrontation by proving yourself *ready* for the Answers, having *realized* your inherent original worthiness to have them and your demonstrated ability to responsibly handle (inherently *remember*) those Answers. (See my "complexity" response in this thread, relative to Alice's fall through her lookingglass.) Along the way/*Way* glimpses into the *Core* serve as stepping stones (and incredible incentives) to guide you. It's just the way the Universal Core Physics happen to be at the Pinnacle. This has been *realized* for thousands upon thousands of years! Every journey of one/*One* has to go through this. What do you suppose is behind this curious entrustment phenomenon?

... The Nag Hammadi Library, discovered in the 1940s in Egypt, are texts that were banned from Constantine's Bible (AD 300s), conveniently leaving out many additional accounts worthy of inclusion, rather than courageously keeping them so folks could have a broader perspective and choose for themselves. Among those banned accounts are 114 "Sayings of Jesus," which date back to 60AD and earlier. These "sayings" (when heard Consciously) reveal a regular man who happened to be fluent in mathematical, multidimensional, multilinguistic Universal Physics (aka his own inherent physics reality) trying to share those reflective Physics with oppressed folks (it's their physics reality, as well!), to free them from the poverty of conventional unconsciousness. How would "Jesus" the Awakened physicist change your perception of him? Would that change if you shared his *realizations* with him?

... How would life be different for you, for the world, if God was in all/awe of us?!

• Anonymous Icon

There's a song that asks... "What if God were one of us?

If you could be God for a day, and it was YOURSELF standing there in Times Square, addressing the world, what would be Your 12 most depth-provoking Questions to ask of the world?

Also...

How would you Answer the following Questions?

... Why Times Square? Why not some other part of the country? ...of the world? Would the Answers change? If so, how and why?

... What does External vs Internal Dependency mean to you?

... Without Someone to lean on or blame when things go wrong, what coping skills would a person have to have, to maintain balance?

... When you put someone forever up on a pedestal and worship or celebrate that person as "More Than," invertedly where does that forever leave you?

... How do you compensate for that imbalance in your everyday life, in your relationships...with other people? ...with your family/loved ones? ...with yourself? ...with your definition of "science?"

... When billions of people all around the world are doing that and (unconsciously) seeking that balancing compensation in their everyday lives, what would be going on in that world? (Individually? Collectively? Socially? Culturally? Politically? Religiously? Scientifically? ...? )

... How would you relate the very first "one grain of sand" with "sin?" With "The God Particle?"

... If "God is the author of both sin and evil" (Shoes of the Fisherman), what message would that be sending to the world, and how are they to interpret that, if not as "heresy?" (S of the F)

(Continued...)

• Anonymous Icon

Dust,

The complexity your quote is talking about is NOT being newly created. It has ALWAYS been fully present. It only appears "new" to an observer who has yet to learn how to process it. The "not too hot, not too cold" dynamic would be the ...balancing... required to reach further phases of Universal reality physics that the observer hasn't experienced enough to grasp and process-into-balance yet, to advance "even" further.

So, it is far more Alice in Wonderland falling through her mirror. The depth of that fall is "relative" to level of accomplished balance.

Surrounding complexities are simply the physics ...multiplying exponentially,... in every direction, like a *fabric,* as basic connections (superimpositions, timeXspace relativities, frequenciesXintensities, etc) are realized and recognized. Those are resolved through balance as well.

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 06, 2014

Re: How will it impact your day to day life?

This seems obvious, we can eliminate confusion and conflict in our thoughts actions

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 06, 2014

Re: "There is a definite design to nature"

See complexity theory: "Complexity is generally used to characterize something with many parts where those parts interact with each other in multiple ways. The study of these complex linkages is the main goal of complex systems theory.

In science,[1] there are at this time a number of approaches to characterizing complexity, many of which are reflected in this article. Neil Johnson admits that "even among scientists, there is no unique definition of complexity - and the scientific notion has traditionally been conveyed using particular examples..." Ultimately he adopts the definition of 'complexity science' as "the study of the phenomena which emerge from a collection of interacting objects."[2]"

Complexity begets more complexity.
    "So here's a great puzzle: in a universe ruled by the second law of thermodynamics, how is it possible to generate the sort of complexity I've described, the sort of complexity represented by you and me and the convention center? Well, the answer seems to be, the universe can create complexity, but with great difficulty. In pockets, there appear what my colleague, Fred Spier, calls "Goldilocks conditions" -- not too hot, not too cold, just right for the creation of complexity. And slightly more complex things appear. And where you have slightly more complex things, you can get slightly more complex things. And in this way, complexity builds stage by stage. Each stage is magical because it creates the impression of something utterly new appearing almost out of nowhere in the universe. We refer in big history to these moments as threshold moments. And at each threshold, the going gets tougher. The complex things get more fragile, more vulnerable; the Goldilocks conditions get more stringent, and it's more difficult to create complexity."

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_christian_big_history

• Anonymous Icon

hemantprana Jun 05, 2014

Dear Noetpoet,
    I don't know why you are getting so upset and angry.I didn't mean any of those things that you have pointed out.They are just your interpretations.

What i meant was (and it is endorsed by you also by saying that natural world is not random) that not everything around us seem to be random.There is a definite design to nature.Some people believe that this design is by GOD , some call it supreme consciousness, collective consciousness, energy, etc

The only point that i am trying to make by this thread is that people keep on discussing about Noetic Sciences here and elsewhere but even if somehow they get to know the exact design of this world and all the answers they are seeking what difference will it actually make to their day to day life.

Let me ask you directly now.I have seen you very active on this discussion forum so i can safely assume that you are genuinely interested in Noetic Science.You have some answers and some you are seeking.I am also assuming that you don't believe in GOD but only science (which is completely fine).So lets say we get a breakthrough in science and somehow you get to know all answers about consciousness, free will, existence of GOD, etc.How will it impact your day to day life?

• NoetPoet Jun 05, 2014

@Hemantprana
    “I think if Human race were to know for sure that there is no GOD or higher power (energy, consciousness, aliens, etc) looking out after us, it will be really devastating and depressing.”

Are you talking about the same God who plans to condemn unbelievers to ETERNAL hellfire?
    The same God who encourage the Jews to go fight and massacre their enemies?
    The same God who sent a flood to wipe out almost every person and every living creature on Earth because of their “wickedness”?
    The same God who is so incredibly narcissistic, insecure and (by his *own* admission) “jealous” that he tortured one of his most devout worshippers just to test that worshipper’s faith?
    The same God who decided that a blood sacrifice of his “only Son” by one of the most ghastly inhumane methods ever devised was somehow a fitting way to absolve everyone else of their sin?
    Surely it would be a cause for celebration to find out that such a God didn’t exist?? With a God like that, who needs the Devil?

“To get a confirmation that everything is random and can be defined by biology & chemistry will be a big setback because most of us believe in something.We can call it co-incidence, or do good and it will come to you, etc but deep down we all want to be looked after by a higher self.”

What do you mean by “random”? The natural world is anything BUT random – if it really were random then it would be impossible to conduct scientific investigation. And no, not all of us want to be coddled and babysat by a “higher self”, especially if that higher self has to be accessed through some cult leader or clergy. Some people actually *like* the idea of taking responsibility for their own actions; some people actually like the idea of having the freedom to deal with our problems like ADULTS.

“Also, if everything is random then i think people will stop applying themselves, crime will increase, people would care less about each other and eventually we all will perish.”

So are you saying that the only thing that stops you from going around killing, raping and pillaging is the prospect that some God might disapprove? You honestly don’t see how there might be tangible benefits (e.g. civilization) to good behaviour without a God anyway?

“I think the main motive of there being a higher power is to keep the balance of good and bad in this world and we all are here till the good is more than 50 % (just to put a number).If everything was random i think things can get pretty ugly ,pretty soon”.

That might just be the most baseless unscientific claim I’ve ever seen posted on the IONS forum – and that’s REALLY saying something!

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Jun 05, 2014

This topic holds the potential for some friendly banter until the impending poll shift.

• Anonymous Icon

hemantprana Jun 05, 2014

Hi dustproduction,
    I think if Human race were to know for sure that there is no GOD or higher power (energy, consciousness, aliens, etc) looking out after us, it will be really devastating and depressing.

To get a confirmation that everything is random and can be defined by biology & chemistry will be a big setback because most of us believe in something.We can call it co-incidence, or do good and it will come to you, etc but deep down we all want to be looked after by a higher self.

Also, if everything is random then i think people will stop applying themselves, crime will increase, people would care less about each other and eventually we all will perish.

I think the main motive of there being a higher power is to keep the balance of good and bad in this world and we all are here till the good is more than 50 % (just to put a number).If everything was random i think things can get pretty ugly ,pretty soon.

What say you?

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 04, 2014

"Three out of four Americans believe the Bible is the word of God, according to a new Gallup poll; some say the literal word, others that a supreme being inspired the text. But an increasing number also view the book as simply a collection of fables, legends and history."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/170834/three-four-bible-word-god.aspx

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jun 04, 2014

What will happen to human race if the question of GOD's existence is answered once and for all, and it turns out that there are no gods, that they are just an invention of man?
    Would this be more disruptive?

• NoetPoet Jun 04, 2014

What if Zeus, Thor and the Flying Spaghetti Monster appeared in Times Square and do all those things? How would it change our lives? Or what if God gave his worshippers answers that both surprised and appalled them?

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS