Discussions

Coincidences - Can they exist?

Posted Dec. 8, 2012 by Spiros Kakos in Open

commented on Jan. 24, 2013
by Jeanine Broderick

I do not know if you are familiar with the case of "Richard Parker".

In summary:

In Edgar Allan Poe's only novel The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket, published in 1838, Richard Parker is a mutinous sailor on the whaling ship Grampus. After the ship capsizes in a storm, he and three other survivors are stranded on a boat. They find a tortoise and eat it, but are soon desparate again. They eventually draw lots upon Parker's suggestion to kill one of them to sustain the others. Parker then gets cannibalized.
In 1884, the yacht Mignonette sank. Four people survived and drifted in a life boat. They again found a tortoise to eat before one of them, the cabin boy Richard Parker, was killed by the others for food. This led to the R v Dudley and Stephens criminal case.

Do you believe in coincidences?

I know scientists do not, since they always try to find the reasons behind everything. However when the problem is too hard (or they are afraid of the answer), they are not too afraid to blame "chance" for everything and get away with it...

• 3 Comments  
  • Jeanine Broderick Jan 24, 2013

I understand how Law of Attraction works.

We are all vibrating. Like vibration attracts like vibration. Appreciation of something attracts more of it. Attention on anything activates it in ones vibration which then attracts it.

There is no "not" in an attraction based universe and we exist in an attraction based universe.

When we put our attention on something --whether it is something desired or something undesired--we become a vibrational match to that thing. There are may LoA teachers who don't really understand it and who teach it in ways that don't work but if one really understands how it works we can adjust our vibrations consciously so that we attract more of the desired. We can fine tune this--probably infinitely. I am certainly not finished fine-tuning even thought my life for the last several years has exceeded my wildest expectations and dreams of only a decade ago. I can see clearly the connection between deliberate work to change my vibration and changes in what came into my life. I can also go back through my life and clearly see how things I did not want were a perfect match to what I was vibrating at that time.

@ Matthew - you are right in that we can never truly know how another was vibrating because we cannot know their every thought and thoughts impact our vibrations. It is also possible that the memories of the Father's experience in the plane made the son a vibrational match. I often see news stories where I speculate (that is as sure as I or anyone can be) that something like that is at play. Although I have had repetitive dreams that in 2590 they have technology to determine what someone is a vibrational match to but that is a long ways off.

I no longer believe in chance or luck. Synchronicities, on the other hand, can be deliberately orchestrated when one sets the right vibrational tone--it can be done consciously but in most instances it is still an unconscious match--but it is still not luck or chance--it is Law of Attraction responding to the match.

I am hoping that folks get over the way they sometimes react to this regarding things we do not want. It is often seen as a way to "blame the victim" but it is really a way to empower people not to become victims. You see, feelings of fear, helplessness, powerlessness and a "victim" vibration make one a match to those experiences. I would love to have a program to help "victims" change their vibe but every time I mention it I am told I am blaming the victim when my real desire is to empower them because I understand the root cause of the reason they were a match to that. It was not bad luck. It was a vibration no one would deliberately cultivate if they understood LoA.
    ♡ Jeanine

• desertrose Dec 10, 2012

For the past few months many unusual thoughts or words that I may have said or thought will suddenly appear on television or I hear it or read it somewhere - even far fethced sayings or words. I too was wondering if this is all just "coincidence". This subject has always fascinated me and I hope more comment.
    Namaste
    ~Denyse

• mrmathew1963 Dec 08, 2012

G'day Spiros Kakos

Yes I do believe in coincidences & chance as I do synchronicity......I heard of a story the other day that a father resurrected an old plane which he latter on crashed & died in. His son re-resurrected the plane latter on only to suffer the same fate as his father, coincidence not sure but there is something to stories like this one.

Who knows but maybe his father’s conscious energy was still left in that plane or maybe it was predestined, we will never truly know.

Love
    Mathew

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS