Institute of Noetic Sciences – Consciousness Hacking Hackation
Institute of Noetic Sciences – Consciousness Hacking Hackation
Terms and Conditions
The IONS-CH Hackation (Hackation) focuses on bringing communities together through collaboration, innovation and experimentation and our website engages that spirit. No sexism, racism, discrimination or any kind of exclusion will be tolerated in association with the Hackation and we reserve the right to refuse and/or remove content based on our principles. We encourage inclusive and welcoming environments in all our locations. We encourage a free and open activity where creativity should know no censorship and we hope all participants will exercise their creative freedoms. We take pride in our jammers and organizers, but neither the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) nor Consciousness Hacking (CH) is liable for anyone's specific views and opinions.
Code of Conduct
The IONS-CH Hackation (Hackation) focuses on bringing communities together through collaboration, innovation, and experimentation and our website engages that spirit. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, appearance, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our guidelines for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all those who participate in Hackation to help us maintain these guidelines and create safe and positive experiences for everyone. If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, please let us know through our Hackation Feedback Form!
- Appropriate Behavior
We wish for Hackation participants to exercise consideration and respect in their speech and actions, attempt collaboration before conflict, and refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. We also expect the same consideration and respect to be applied to apps and content created during Hackation events.
Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any participant in our site locations or online community, at all related events and in one-on-one communications carried out in the context of community business. Community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Harassment includes: harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, appearance, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, or religion; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, local Hackation organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
- If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify your local or regional Hackation organizer as soon as possible or submit a notice through Hackation’s Feedback Form.
- Addressing Grievances
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify your local or regional Hackation organizer with a concise description of your grievance.
We wish for all community participants (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all Hackation venues—online and in-person—as well as in all one-on-one or group communications pertaining to community business.
- Contact info
IONS-CH Hackation Executive Committee: [email protected]
Hackation Feedback Form
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license. The original is available at http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/.
The IONS-CH Hackation is about experimentation, sharing, collaboration and learning from each other. All Hackers are expected to share their code by uploading their assets, source code etc.
Code and assets are uploaded under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Creative Commons license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/).
This basically means the team that created the app, owns the original content and can do with it as they please. For our purposes here, the team that created the app consists of every Hackation attendee, including IONS and CH personnel who attend the Hackation. IONS will retain an original copy that other people can download, modify and distribute for non-commercial purposes.
All files necessary to run the app, as well as all assets, source code and project files created during the Hackation and necessary to rebuild/compile & link the app from scratch must be uploaded as well. Third party tools, libraries, engines and assets that are used for the app, but not created during the Hackation, may be omitted from the Hackation project submission. However, clear instructions must be included on how to purchase or obtain these resources in order to continue development on the app.
Policy for Email Usage (general)
IONS-CH Hackation respects our community member’s privacy. As a non-profit organization, IONS has never sold or otherwise shared participant email for the purpose of profit to any third party organizations, and we will continue to keep your email and information private but available for our use as it relates to IONS-CH Hackation business (see below).
Consent to this general email usage policy is granted by participating in or registering for the IONS-CH Hackation.
- For Participants: Your email address will only be used by the Hackation. We do not sell or rent or email our general list of email addresses to anyone outside the Hackation. Other than what is explicitly stated below, the Hackation will not share email addresses with unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or regular Hackation members. Please understand, your email address will be shared internally for communication of Hackation events and for compliance to any legal matters.
- The Hackation may also share your Email address with third parties to enable the Hackation to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, the Hackation may share Email addresses with third parties as necessary for the Hackation to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
Usage of General Participant Emails:
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Provide service communications such as confirmations, program registrations, and community service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver IONS-CH Hackation community tools products and services
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
- Share with third parties as required by law
Opt in Policy
Your e-mail address will be used by the Hackation as with any general participant email. As an opt-in participant your email address will also be provided to third parties to provide you information about app related opportunities. This includes job opportunities, contracts, sub-contracts, products and services offered by third parties.
Opt in Email Usage
- Publish membership directories and registration lists to a limited audience (non-public distribution)
- Sharing with certain other companies to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below:
- Third party sponsors wishing to contact our community about products, services and opportunities
- Other app making contests, press, journalists or allied communities within the IONS-CH Hackation community network for the purpose of announcing, recruiting, advertising and applauding efforts of Hackation participants.
- The organization reserves the right to provide these emails to third parties when explicit consent is provided by the participant.
The IONS-CH Hackation reserves the right to change, modify or make exceptions to all policies at will. But these changes will also be posted online as soon as humanly possible.
By participating in Hackation or using the IONS Innovation Lab website you accept and abide by the policies stated above. Please contact us ([email protected]) with any questions.