- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
Creating and Sustaining Love & Intimacy
A Retreat for Lesbians & Queer Women
Friday, May 23, 2014, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 25, 2014, 6:00 PM (All times are local to the event.)
- Ruth L. Schwartz, PhD, Michelle Murrain, PhD
101 San Antonio Road
Petaluma CA 94952
See a map
As a joyful queer couple who emerged from painful family backgrounds and dysfunctional relationships into a deeply happy healthy partnership, we are devoted to helping other lesbians and queer women on that same journey. We’ve combined psychology, neuroscience, spirituality, and hard-won personal experience into proven processes that can transform your relationship life—whether you’re currently single, dating, partnered, or “other.”
Supported and accompanied by a compassionate tribe of like-minded women, you’ll learn and practice:
- Why relationships between women can start so strong, then turn so painful—and what to do about it.
- The four essential steps to telling the truth without blaming or shaming yourself or her.
- Asking for—and receiving!—what you most want, both in bed and out: the secret to maintaining healthy passion and lesbian bed LIFE.
- Connection without self-sacrifice (if you’re giving yourself up, it’s not love!) Healing the wounds that keep you from truly being seen and heard—and truly seeing and hearing her, too.
- Recognizing and navigating differences with compassion and ease (and communicating in ways that feed, rather than drain, your relationship).
- Too close, too far, just right: what healthy intimacy really is (and isn’t).
- Working through conflicts in ways that deepen your connection to yourself and to her, instead of tearing you apart.
- True compatibility: why you may have made poor choices in past partnerships, and how to activate and act from your wisest self.
- “Is it me, or is it her?” Distinguishing between the stuff you need to work through, and the stuff that just isn’t workable.
- Knowing the difference between generosity (healthy giving) and poor boundaries: how to open your heart and stay grounded and whole at the same time.
16 CEUs available for California-licensed MFTs and LCSWs.
About the Presenters:
Drs. Michelle Murrain and Ruth Schwartz are life partners who emerged from painful family backgrounds and (after much trial and error!) co-created a deeply joyful relationship – and are now dedicated to making love easier for other lesbians and queer women. They live in Healdsburg, California.
Michelle’s credentials include a PhD in Neuroscience from Case Western Reserve University, a Certificate in Theological Studies, and over 20 years as a practitioner of Buddhist meditation. She taught at Hampshire College for ten years, and is a science fiction novelist as well as frequent blogger on issues of politics, technology, science and spirituality.
Ruth’s PhD is in Transpersonal Psychology; she is also a Board-certified Clinical Hypnotherapist with extensive training in Focusing, shamanism, and energy medicine. She’s had a private healing practice since 2003, and is the author of seven books, including “Soul on Earth: A Guide to Living & Loving Your Human Life”. Ruth has taught at six colleges and universities, and is currently on faculty in the Ashland University low-residency graduate program.
"An amazing experience with amazing people. I was blessed to be involved. Thank you to everyone for sharing your journeys." – Jaime E.
"An absolutely fantastic experience. Profound loving and compassionate content! Great people and Ruth and Michelle’s from-the-heart guidance made this workshop a fabulous one!" – Frances P.
"Authentic, healing, educational, compassionate, creative, multi-dimensional, precise yet open to everyone’s unique experience… Ruth and Michelle bring a calm listening groundedness and strength that allowed me to feel very comfortable. Everyone’s experiences were honored and respected. I left the workshops with techniques I will be able to use and expand upon… I am so happy that I attended!" – Chrys N.
Shared Room- $697
Special Registration for 2 (Shared Room)- $1,250
All prices include the program and freshly prepared meals.