- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
Level 1 iRest Training
Sunday, Mar 16, 2014, 4:00 PM
Friday, Mar 21, 2014, 2:00 PM (All times are local to the event.)
- Richard Miller, PhD
101 San Antonio Road
Petaluma CA 94952
See a map
The Level I training is designed to provide you with the basic principles, history, theory, practice, and delivery of iRest. This will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching, or clinical practice. The protocol has been designed for use in various settings that include a personal practice, yoga environments, physical therapy, massage therapy, social work, clinical and medical settings, alternative or integrative medical practices, as well as in-job training and job resiliency programs.
Approximately 32-36 CE hours available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN.
What is included:
Introduces and provides you with an:
- Understanding of Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual perspectives that form the path of meditation and iRest.
- Understanding of the evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest and its use with different psycho-physical issues and populations.
- Understanding of iRest within the context of meditation.
- Understanding of the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues, and ethical considerations.
- Introduces you to the historical context and path of meditation in which iRest is embedded.
- Teaches you the Ten Steps of iRest.
- Introduces and teaches you to use iRest for your personal practice.
- Teaches you how to teach iRest to groups and individuals in order to provide simple yet highly effective delivery of iRest in group and individual settings.
- Provides you the opportunity to participate in group lectures and peer discussion groups.
- Provides you the opportunity to receive and participate in multiple iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions.
About the Presenter
Richard Miller's teachings are based upon a lifetime of inquiry into the nature of freedom. Following a series of awakenings, all sense of separation fell away while working with his spiritual mentor, Jean Klein. Richard experiences this awakening as always fresh, always alive, yet forever opening to itself. Author of Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing, Richard is the founding president of the Integrative Restoration Institute where he leads retreats on the nature of nondual Being, as well as conducts research with the yoga nidra protocol that he has developed (Integrative Restoration – iRest) with service members, veterans, students, children, the homeless, and people experiencing issues such as PTSD, substance abuse, sleep disorders, and chronic pain. www.irest.us
COST (All fees include tuition, training manual, and 3 meals per day)
Early Bird Registration Fee through December 31
Single Accommodations: $2,115
Double Accommodations: $1,995
Commuter Fee: $1,620
Regular Registration Fee after December 31st
Single Accommodations: $2,215
Double Accommodations: $2,095
Commuter Fee: $1,720