- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
- Community Group Events
Conscious Living Workshop
Resilience and Renewal
Friday, May 24, 2013, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 26, 2013, 1:30 PM (All times are local to the event.)
- Linda Graham, MFT
101 San Antonio Rd
Petaluma CA 94952
See a map
Welcome to a weekend of strengthening your inner resources and the natural resilience that supports your well-being and flourishing.
In this experiential weekend, you’ll learn to use more than a dozen tools and techniques – drawn from the intersection of brain science, relational psychology, and mindfulness practices – that will help you handle the everyday disappointments and extraordinary disasters of life with more calm, courage, and flexibility.
No matter how you may have been impacted by stress and difficulties in the past, you can learn new and creative ways to navigate the twists and turns of life more flexibly and resiliently now.
Practical exercises help you learn to use the power of positive emotions to put the brakes on negativity, broaden your perspectives, and create a “left shift” in your brain toward more optimism and exploration.
- You’ll cultivate the mindful awareness that can help you reflect on your experience, shift perspectives, discern options, and choose actions wisely.
- You’ll strengthen the resonance circuit in your brain that allows you to connect skillfully and intimately with others.
- You’ll practice the self-compassion that leads to genuine self-acceptance and self-care. You can not only get through hard times but thrive in their midst.
- Through imaginative exercises designed to help you rewire your brain, you’ll learn to harness the neuroplasticity innate in your own brain that encodes the learning of new capacities, immediately and permanently.
- You’ll leave the workshop with new skills to chart your course with confidence across the great seas of life.
Linda Graham, MFT, is an experienced psychotherapist who offers trainings nationwide that make the integration of modern neuroscience, mindfulness practices, and relational psychology accessible and understandable. She is the author of Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Renewal (New World Library, 2013) and monthly e-newsletters on Healing and Awakening into Aliveness and Wholeness, archived at www.lindagraham-mft.net.
- $295 EarlyBird Fee through May 6
- $325 Regular Fee through May 21
- $355 Last Minute Fee through May 24
Onsite lodging is $75 per person per night for a Shared Room or $99 per night for a Single Room. Registrations are based on available space, so please register early.
10 Continuing Education Credits are available for a processing fee of $25.
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, CA 94952-9524), sponsor of this program, certifies that this continuing education workshop meets the criteria for Continuing Education Credit for:
- Marriage Family Therapists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers — The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, provider #PCE 3885
Arrival and Departure
Check-in and access to accommodations is from Friday from 4:00—5:45 pm. The workshop begins with dinner at 6pm on Friday. Guests are requested to be checked out of their room by lunchtime on Sunday. For more information on directions and transportation, see Plan Your Stay.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-779-8202.