- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
Cancer as a Turning Point, From Surviving to Thriving
Saturday, Sep 17, 2011 , 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
100 California Dr.
Yountville CA 94599
See a map
General Conference Information
In order to make this program available to everyone, there is no charge for attending this conference. There are charges for lunch and Continuing Education. Donations are greatly appreciated and tax-deductible.
Pre-registration is recommended at www.healingjourneys.org or (800) 423-9882.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Healing Journeys is committed to diversity and pledges to include, welcome, and support all individuals of any race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, socioeconomic background, religion, sexual orientation, and disability.
The purpose of this program is to educate, inspire, connect, and celebrate all whose lives have been touched by cancer or any life-altering condition.
Cancer, or any life-altering illness, can be viewed as both a curse and a blessing. If viewed simply as a disease of the body, it is experienced only as a curse. When we view illness in the context of the whole person (body, mind, emotions, and spirit), we see its transformative potential as an awakening for the soul and spirit. Only then can we see it as a blessing and utilize its gifts.
“Thanks for creating this space where I can begin to come to terms with a cancer diagnosis. Thank you for the love…”
Who Should Attend
- Women and men touched by cancer or any life-altering condition.
- Healthcare providers.
- People supporting friends or family with cancer or any life-altering condition.
- Differentiate between curing the body and healing the person.
- Explore illness as an awakening with transformative potential.
- Convey how nutrition can help control cancer and promote wellness.
- Rediscover and stimulate the healing capacity of the human spirit.
- Facilitate healing from within as an essential component of total health.
- Describe the many levels of healing and encourage personal involvement.
- Incorporate stories, music and laughter as part of the healing process.
- Rekindle hope and motivation to live fully in the present.
- Facilitate connection among people and organizations with common goals and concerns.
Lunch will be networking time. We encourage everyone to stay for lunch. You can pre-order lunch for $15 when you register, or you can bring your lunch and participate in the lunch networking groups. We regret that there can be no refunds for lunch payments.
Healing Journeys is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider No. CEP 10808 and by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Provider No. PCE 953 (MFT and LCSW). The cost for 6.5 Continuing Education credits is $65. Cancellations, requested in writing or online, before September 12th, will be charged a $15 administrative fee. No refunds are available after September 12th.
If you would like conference brochures, or you have questions about Healing Journeys or the Cancer as a Turning Point TM Conference, you can call us at 800-423-9882 or 916-391-0549 or email email@example.com.