- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
Conscious Living Workshop
Eating with Reverence
Food for the Soul
Friday, Jul 8, 2011, 4:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 10, 2011, 1:30 PM (All times are local to the event.)
- Shannon Kring Buset
101 San Antonio Rd
Petaluma CA 94952
See a map
Especially in rushed and harried times, you may see food simply as fuel to keep you moving ever faster. You reach for a quick bite, eat on-the-run, and wonder where the day went. What if ancient wisdom and the powerful practice of conscious eating could help guide you through stressful times? Stop the clock for a weekend!
Come for a culinary weekend retreat that feeds your body, mind, and soul!
- Bring heightened awareness to shopping, preparing, and eating
- Explore age-old ingredients and cooking methods
- Transform notions about “good” and “bad” foods
- Co-create lunch during an inspiring and informative cooking class
- Realize eating as a deeply meaningful, symbolic act
- Cultivate a spirit of harmony within your kitchen, dining room, and self
- Connect with the essence of food and its ability to nourish and nurture
- Receive recipes for at-home use
Shannon will guide you in “timeless” cooking methods, culture, cuisine, and community. Feeling hungry? Sign up for this feast TODAY!!
For centuries, the Balinese have offered up daily prayers for the entire life cycle of food, from the planting of the seed to the harvest, and from the preparation of ingredients to the finished dish.
The Keralites have focused their culinary energies on meeting the deeply personal…needs of those for whom they cook.
The Maya have created each celebratory meal with the “holy trinity” of Mayan cuisine…
Shannon Kring Buset is an award-winning writer, cook, entrepreneur, teacher, producer, and international speaker whose work has been featured on NPR, PBS, CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, Lifetime, and publications including The Wall Street Journal and Redbook. Read about her noetic journey at www.shannonkringbuset.com
4:00—5:45 PM Check in
6:00 PM Dinner featuring ingredients steeped in ancient symbolism
7:30—9:30 PM Session 1:
Ancient Wisdom for the Modern Kitchen: Symbolism, Spirituality, and Sustenance in the Ancient World
8:00—9:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM—12:00 PM Session 2:
Full-immersion Cooking Class
12:30—1:30 PM Lunch—We’ll enjoy the fruits of our labor and the timeless act of communal dining
2:00—5:00 PM Session 3:
Inspiring the Conscious Eater Within
6:00—7:00 PM Dinner
7:00—8:30 PM Session 4:
8:00—9:00 AM Breakfast—including an inspirational presentation
10:00 AM—12:00 PM Session 5:
Feed the Change You Want to See in the World
12:30—1:30 PM Lunch Gathering and Gifting (Attendees will be asked to bring an item, a meaningful personal effect they wish to pass on—a spice, a family recipe, or anything else—that they will anonymously exchange in a ceremony. Back home, this object will serve as a reminder of the event and all that we learned together)
Arrival and Departure
Check-in and access to accommodations is from Friday from 4:00—6:00 pm. Guests are requested to be checked out of their room by 11:00 AM on Sunday. For more information on directions and transportation, see Plan Your Stay.
The weekend workshop fee, including meals, is $295 up to a month prior to the workshop date (June 8, 2011), and $325 thereafter. Overnight lodging is $72 per night for a shared room or $97 per night for a single room.
12 Continuing Education Credits are available for a processing fee of $25.
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, CA 94952-9524), sponsor of this program, certifies that this continuing education workshop meets the criteria for Continuing Education Credit for:
- Marriage Family Therapists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers — The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, provider #PCE 3885
- Nurses — The California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), provider #10318
- Social Workers — State of Illinois, Registered Social Worker Continuing Education Sponsor, License No. 159.000435
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-779-8202.