- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
Psychology of the Future
Lessons from Modern Consciousness Research
Wednesday, Jun 15, 2011 , 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
The time is US Pacific Time
In the last five decades, psychedelic therapy and other avenues of modern consciousness research have revealed a rich array of “anomalous” phenomena that have undermined some of the most basic assumptions of modern psychiatry, psychology, and psychotherapy concerning consciousness and the human psyche in health and disease. Many of these observations are so radical that they question the basic philosophical assumptions of materialistic science.
In this interview, we will review these remarkable data and explore the most important major revisions that would have to be made in our understanding of consciousness, of the human psyche, and of the nature of reality to respond to these conceptual challenges. These radical changes in our thinking would fall into the following categories:
- Cartography of the Human Psyche
- Architecture of Emotional and Psychosomatic Disorders.
- Effective Therapeutic Mechanisms
- Strategy of Psychotherapy and Self-Exploration
- Role of Spirituality in Human Life
- The Nature of Reality: Psyche, Cosmos, and Consciousness
Audio downloads of all teleseminars are available in the Library on this site a couple of days following the event. Live participation is a benefit of supporting membership and registration links are provided through email.