Wednesday, Sep 15, 2010 , 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Potluck dinner followed by a presentation and conversation on how to manifest our vision into action and redefine leadership so that we can awaken our individual and collective power to transforming our lives and communities toward life-affirming ways of partnering with Earth.
The presentation is a learning experience that involves dialogue and collaboration to translate your vision into action. Expand your understanding of leadership by placing it in an all-encompassing context of global interconnectedness and long-term viability of humans in partnership with Earth.
Kathia and Alexander Laszlo are co-founders of Syntony Quest, an organization that offers consulting, research and workshops in the areas of leadership and organizational transformation for sustainability. They are recipients of the Swiss Förderpreis Akademischer Klub award for their work in social innovation and sustainable development. They impart MBA and Ph.D. courses on strategy, leadership, and systems thinking at six universities in the US and internationally, including Presidio School of Management and Saybrook Graduate School. Kathia completed her Ph.D. in Human Science with a focus on Social and Institutional Change from Saybrook as a Fulbright Scholar from Mexico. Alexander holds a Ph.D. in Science and Technology Policy from the University of Pennsylvania.
About this event:
Friendly Favors participants have described our gatherings as:
- "A support group for passionate people"
- "An intensive school for grownups"
- "A lasting experience of intellectual intimacy"
- 6 PM: One hour for socializing and eating dinner
- 7 PM: 30 minutes for welcome, announcements and introductions
- 7:30 PM: One hour for our guest speaker's presentation
- 8:30 PM: 30 minutes for Questions and Answers
- 9 PM: We close the event, allowing time for post-event commingling and cleaning before leaving by 10 PM.
EVENT COST & IN-KIND PAYMENTS
Our Dinner/Lectures offer 3 payment options: FREE, $20 or $40.
- FREE when you bring a large dish to share AND login to RSVP giving 20Ts (see more info link),
- $20 per person if you do only one of the above (the dish OR the 20Ts), or
- $40 if you show up with no dish and gave no Ts.