The Integrative Healing Arts Program in Holistic Nursing (IHAP) is a unique 84-hour continuing nursing education (CNE) program that prepares nurses for (1) pivotal roles in a new paradigm of healthcare and (2) successful completion of the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC) certification exam in Holistic Nursing.
Healing arts are interventions that foster the healing process, facilitate deeper levels of self-understanding and wholeness, and honor the body, mind, emotions, and spirit. The demand for healing arts skills in holistic nursing is escalating because the public is increasingly seeking healing that honors the whole being, including the body, mind, emotion, and spirit.
IHAP graduates will:
• Receive a certificate in Holistic Nursing and Integrative Modalities
• Apply holistic principles and modalities in their daily life and clinical practice
• Create a space within and around themselves that allows them to be an instrument of healing
• Use their authenticity, caring presence, and nursing skills to facilitate birth, growth, recovery, and end-of-life transition
• Provide healing arts, grounded in a foundation of holism, in all healthcare settings including hospitals, universities, and private practices