As we become elders, life circumstances shift in ways we could not have anticipated, the responses and expectations of people in our lives may not match our self-perception, and experiences that were once comfortable can now be unsettling or difficult.
The IONS Conscious Aging Personal Enrichment Workshop offers participants the opportunity to lean into this phase of life by providing tools to address challenges and experiences and to reveal the opportunities found in the later years. This powerful workshop provides the space and the opportunity for you to explore your potential for growth, sense of purpose, service and fulfilment in life’s later chapters.
This workshop will help you to unveil the gifts of aging in creative and meaningful ways, while you access knowledge and practices that allow you to thrive. By learning to listen to your inner guidance, and exploring with others who are on the same journey, you can experience not only your deepest personal wisdom, but also the collective life lessons of the group.
Join us as we:
- Explore self-limiting beliefs, stereotypes and assumptions about aging
- Learn how to make conscious choices that support an expansive worldview
- Discover and reflect upon what has given heart and meaning to our lives
- See how our intentions inform our aging process
- Develop self-compassion to cope more effectively with change, worry, and stresses
- Strengthen skills that enhance connection and reduce isolation
- Decrease fear and enhance acceptance in the presence of death and dying for ourselves and our loved ones
This workshop is for active, mature adults looking for the space and support to take a personal journey as they explore healthy elderhood with wonder and appreciation.