In the time of the year, when the inner world beckons, we will come together to explore what it means to create beautiful and meaningful rituals and ceremonies on the labyrinth. On Friday evening, we will participate in a ritual of inward turning, evoking the themes of the season: advent, hibernation and cultivation of the inner light.
On Saturday we will reflect upon our Friday evening experience to explore the elements of ritual creation. Lauren and Judith will give examples of successful rituals that they have incorporated in their labyrinth work. You will have the opportunity to create a ritual or ceremony to take back to your community. We will use the labyrinth as a laboratory for our creativity.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
• Choosing the theme—seasonal, special occasion, anniversary
• Designing the sequence and the importance of pacing
• The use of storytelling
• Developing the voice to guide a ritual
• Using your intuition to guide the flow of events
• The use of music, poetry, scripture to enhance the experience
• The use of flowers, candles, sacred objects
Suggested Reading List:
• Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth as a Spiritual Practice by Lauren Artress
• The Sacred Path Companion: A Guide to Walking the Labyrinth to Heal and Transform by Lauren Artress
• Circleway, the Story of the Women’s Dream Quest by Judith Tripp
This serves as a qualifying workshop for the Facilitator Training that follows.