Discussions

Can space exist without time?

Posted Sept. 26, 2013 by mrmathew1963 in Open

Anonymous Icon

commented on Oct. 5, 2013
by RealityOverScience

On earth time is depicted by day & night & distance, in space distance but what about outside of the universe, does or can time exist or does space even exist? With the expansion of the universe which is primarily of time, does time create space as time, the universe, expands? Just a thought!!

I found the following link interesting: http://youtu.be/r9vkVA2C4_U

• 7 Comments  
  • Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Oct 05, 2013

With superConsciousness/Enlightenment, it is easy to see an advanced mathematical physics that reveals that the universe isn't really expanding nearly as much as conventional science thinks it is. Something else is going on, instead.

Time and space are important, but they are human conventional concepts that have to be realized as such, because locking yourself (generic) into hearing and processing them conventionally blocks out exploring them from a far more highly evolved realization.

In the movie "Contact," none of the scientists in the control room could see what Ellie was *experiencing" in the pod, as she fell through the wormholes. All they "experienced" was static! That was brilliantly conveyed, because that is exactly what happens in real life, in the REAL Universal Physics, when those locking themselves into one particular dimension can't begin to process the VERY REAL goings on in any other dimensions. At the end of the movie, the White House was secretly acknowledging "18 hours" of missing time in its "Confidential" report.

Where do you suppose that went?

Hint: -h

Enlightenment/superConsciousness is the ability to experience and process the Universe in its, and one's own, true multidimensionality.

A step toward that would be to explore timeXspace and space time, as well.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Oct 02, 2013

Clocks still go backward for me! :)

• mrmathew1963 Oct 02, 2013

G'day Simon Manley

Thanks for the input, very interesting.

In eternity time as we know it doesn't need to exist because nothing needs to be created because it already is but only in this conscious field can everything exist without time however on the other hand realities of physicality need time & space to create.

Space in these fields of eternity is quite different to what we perceive as space, being just of consciousness does consciousness need space as we know it? No I don't think so because the aspects of time & space changes dramatically once in the field of eternity. Yes time & space exist in this field but quite differently to what we perceive I believe.

• Anonymous Icon

SimonManley Oct 01, 2013

The state of space existing without time is known in Theology as "Eternity." This is different from the common meaning, which implies time going on forever. Space without time was a concept completely foreign to physics, until recently. There is now a laboratory model, based on quantum mechanical tunnelling. The work started with Professor Gunter Nimtz, of Cologne university, investigating how the speed of light is exceeded in tunnelling. Because Relativity is a sacred cow in contemporary physics, the whole story became intensely controversial. Much more interesting than the challenge to Relativity (which isn't actually fatal for the theory) is the way the experiments create a space without time, in which clocks (photon's wave functions) actually freeze. There is a recent e-book on Amazon describing this and other implications of modern physics for philosophy. It is in the Science & Religion section, entitled, "Eternity: God, Soul, New Physics."

• mrmathew1963 Sep 27, 2013

G'day Ros

Very clever Ros.

G'day Billgreenjeans

Because our deductive reasoning is based on our present logical understanding time & space have to exist & how can time & no time coexist?

I think it's all to do with the way we look at time, we refer to time as being of physicality, we can't see time without physical form. How can we get from (a) to (b) which denotes time without a physical start & end point? In a physical consciousness time & even space is defined by physicality however when you take this physicality out of the equation does time cease to exist? The answer of course is yes & no, a paradox.

Physicality, which is intelligent consciousness like anything else (energy), obviously has time & anything not of this conscious time can't exist however getting back to if physicality ceased to exist would time then cease to exist? No because all what time is, is energy. Energy just doesn't cease to exist it changes & I'm suggesting time, which is a creative energy, changes as well if physicality ceased to exist.

So to us, in physical time, time can cease to exist however because time is just another energy form it changes to a different energy field so really time never, like all energy, ceases to exist but because it changes its energy field to something else does that mean time no longer exists? Again yes & no because it could come back, as time as we know it, at any time, so to speak.

This is really saying nothing really ceases to exist, it always is but not necessarily in the way we perceive something to exist I believe.

• Billgreenjeans Sep 27, 2013

I have posted this before however I feel it is worth repeating with this question because understanding not having time and space is sometimes difficult. With time and space we think that we have motion as well. Zeno of Elea made this statement around 450 BC:
    "There is no motion because that which is moved must arrive at the middle of its course before it arrives at the end."

Here below is St. Andrews MacTutor explanation:

"In order the traverse a line segment it is necessary to reach its midpoint. To do this one must reach the 1/4 point, to do this one must reach the 1/8 point and so on ad infinitum. Hence motion can never begin. The argument here is not answered by the well known infinite sum

1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... = 1

On the one hand Zeno can argue that the sum 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... never actually reaches 1, but more perplexing to the human mind is the attempts to sum 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... backwards. Before traversing a unit distance we must get to the middle, but before getting to the middle we must get 1/4 of the way, but before we get 1/4 of the way we must reach 1/8 of the way etc. This argument makes us realise that we can never get started since we are trying to build up this infinite sum from the "wrong" end. Indeed this is a clever argument which still puzzles the human mind today."

When we understand this paradox maybe we will understand time and space.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Sep 26, 2013

In a word, kNOw. ;)

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS