Discussions

LOVE

Posted Sept. 22, 2013 by Jim Centi in Open

Anonymous Icon

commented on Oct. 21, 2013
by dustproduction

What I miss and long for in the spiritual experience is the overwhelming experience of love.

It’s not a love directed at one person or thing, but an overwhelming love of existence itself.

It was a sense that everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is.

I went to bed last night with the thought that everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is and experienced love in a dream.

It was not a love of existence itself, as occurs in waking state, but an overwhelming love for a cat that lived with me for 15 years. We were on the edge of a tall building and my love for her caused me to fear that she was too close to the edge and may fall.

I woke up this morning with the awareness that my life is consumed with the longing for the love of existence that the spiritual experience provides and the fear that my longing for this love would cause others to perceive me as a weak minded fool that longs for love.

I recently formulated the intention to occasionally experience, in the depth of my being that the world is absolutely perfect just the way it is, so be it.

• 15 Comments  
  • Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Oct 21, 2013

Here is a lesson about love that I learned from David R Dow. Could you love a murder?

" My client Will was not the exception to the rule; he was the rule. I sometimes say, if you tell me the name of a death row inmate -- doesn't matter what state he's in, doesn't matter if I've ever met him before -- I'll write his biography for you. And eight out of 10 times, the details of that biography will be more or less accurate.

And the reason for that is that 80 percent of the people on death row are people who came from the same sort of dysfunctional family that Will did. Eighty percent of the people on death row are people who had exposure to the juvenile justice system. "

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_r_dow_lessons_from_death_row_inmates.html

• bestearth Oct 18, 2013

Our experience of love may be helped by simply walking barefoot on the earth.This beautiful film is about 'Earthing'. How simply grounding your body allows the earth's energy to heal in many ways. This is part of the healing, features Dr Edgar Mitchel. It's called 'Grounded'. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgwF0tpioTU

• Billgreenjeans Sep 30, 2013

@ Jim

Sometimes people confus me with a billy green jeans. That ain't me. No worries I don't get offended at any comment here. I guess I open Pandoras Box when I mention alternative medicine. It really seems to set some people off. I don't teach or work at a school. My poll of children is just from children of friends. Love is important to teach. There is no greater love for children than a mother the quintessential teacher.
    When the culture revolution began in China my friend was invited along with other to help reestablish the legal system. While there he was able to visit a school for delinquent boys learning to repair bikes. He ask the principle what was the main qualification to run a school like that. The reply was to love the students. My friend concluded that things were going to be alright in China.

• Jim Centi Sep 29, 2013

@Billgreengeans,

Hi Bill,

If you perchance did take my remark about your screen name seriously, it’s my bad not yours.

I have often realized after posting something that what I said could be misinterpreted and then I have to clarify it with another post, as occurred here.

I must learn to edit my comments more carefully before posting them……Jim

• Jim Centi Sep 29, 2013

billgreengeans

Hi bill,
    I hope you didn't take my remark about your screen name seriously.

My intention was to reflect, in a humorous way, how absurd opinions and beliefs can be, by expressing an example of a ridiculous belief……Jim

• mrmathew1963 Sep 28, 2013

"Love is infinite as it’s always represents the beginning where’s hate is limiting as it’s always represents the ending. Love is the starting point of life, hate is the ending point of life, which one do you prefer"?

• Jim Centi Sep 27, 2013

@ Billgreenjeans,

Considering the meaning of the quote “you can’t foul dogs and children” has caused me to abandon my comfortable state of empty mind, but I’ll take a shot at its meaning.

Adults have had the experience of cultivating a belief system, which causes them to have opinions or judgments about right- wrong, proper-improper, possible-impossible, justice-injustice, what should be etc. etc.

Belief systems are one reason why adults are sometimes unable to experience true peace of mind; their mind is often polluted with judgments relative to just about everything.

I’m fairly sure that dogs don’t have belief systems and children haven’t had the experience to build an adult belief system, so from that perspective “you can’t foul dogs and children”.

That’s simply my opinion or judgment on the meaning of the quote. I also have the opinion that Billgreenjeans is not a suitable or appropriate name for a grade school principal.

• Billgreenjeans Sep 27, 2013

@Jim

Thanks for starting this thread and thanks for attempting to aid all here with a good direction I am learning from your post.

I like to ask school children when school first starts in the fall if their teacher loves the children and so far they all have said yes. Either the teacher is a good actist/actor or they really do love the children. I think it is the latter because as the saying goes "you can't foul dogs and children." Which is a good subject to discuss sometime as to why they can't be fouled,

• Jim Centi Sep 27, 2013

bestearth,

No offense taken, your comment was good and appreciated.

• bestearth Sep 26, 2013

I apologize if I offended you with my initial crudeness. I don't know if you've heard of Swami Beyondananda. He is funny and not as crude as I can be. I hope everyone gets a laugh from him. He is wise and funny. Video plays automatically at this website:

http://www.wakeuplaughing.com/

• mrmathew1963 Sep 24, 2013

G'day Billgreenjeans

Faults are a funny one, what one sees as faults other don't as it's all defined by our perception.

I don't have faults Bill myself, what I do have is differences because faults are usually defined by a difference to something else. A good example of this is religion or any belief system for that matter. If I went into a Catholic church & sprouted on about Buddhism for example I would be at fault but of course if I did this at a Buddhist temple that would be a different matter.

You could look at egotistical tendencies as being a fault but other egomaniacs wouldn't. There are really no faults at all just differences in my mind.

Talking to strangers is a funny one. I will pull a joke on people I don't know however I usually know their partners or friends before I do this but not always. If I smile while doing this most of the times it's taken lightly however if I don't smile, as at times I can portray a dry humour, most of the times they either take offence or frown. A smile goes a long way.

• Billgreenjeans Sep 24, 2013

If we do a "self examination" and find we have faults then we can more be patient and understanding with other people's faults. This is the beginning of love. If we do a "self examination" and find we don't have any faults then we might try self honesty. I haven't met anyone who has no faults. they don't exist. Once I met an older gentle man on the side walk and as usual said good day to him. He stop and looked at me and ask if I knew him. It seems he felt I wouldn't be wishing him a good day if I didn't know him. I said no I just said good day to everyone I meet. He thank me for speaking to him. I got into the habit a long time ago and have never got out of it. Some friends who walk with me are a little embarrassed by my habit, however I tell my friends I maybe the only person who speaks to them all day. In my mind it is not necessary for anyone to go all day long without someone acknowledging them giving a smile and a hello which means "I love you " and we are in this together so have courage and continue on.

• mrmathew1963 Sep 23, 2013

G'day Jim

Well, well ,well, you’re talking about unconditional love here of course which isn't an easy thing to do or experience. Accepting all for what it is at any given time!! This is a big deal.

Recently it came up on another site about the ego again, spiritually aware people were having ago at other people being expressive of the ego. I asked what is more egotistical, a soul who has chosen to suffer & be expressive of the ego or a spiritually aware person who says they are better than these other people who are so expressive of the ego? These same people say they are influenced by ascended masters & so on, who is actually being more egotistical here? It’s the soul playing the game; the human egoist vessel is but a tool.

Very little acceptance has gone on here, love all for what it is not what you perceive it is!! You have obviously rid yourself, at this time, of preconceived ideas & just accepted all for what it is. Certain states of consciousness can induce such feelings of oneness & love for all no matter what.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Sep 22, 2013

"Love" is Balance.

When you "fall in love," you've encountered the equivalent of the other side of yourself, manifested outside yourself.

ANY aspect of oneself that projects its inverse manifests "love" via that balance. (Appreciation of Nature, for instance.)

As one changes through life, that balancing/manifesting other changes, as well.

• bestearth Sep 22, 2013

Love it Jim. You've got it.

I have experienced one good way to lighten up is to burp and fart all week and swear at the top of your lungs. Only for a little while of course. All to often I've noticed much preciousness among "spiritual people" who think never getting upset or angry is some sign of enlightenment and that's what I call "gummy bear" spirituality. Life is like music i think the full piano keyboard is needed to play life, which corresponds to the full human emotional range. Fear anger all the way through to love and all the variants of these. We have them for a reason I believe. The creator has given us the body to experience all of them and it turns out the language of the field is human emotion. If ya wanna tell someone off ..tell em off. O complain have no shame. And leave the white flowing gowns to all the phoney new agers.

We are eternal so what's the rush? Mastered one subject? Look for another one. That's my motto. I find that noticing things when walking or whatever, the sensation of you're fingers on a door handle, the sound of the click, the air kissing your face as you walk through. These are exquisite. what a treat, what a gift it is to be able to experience and feel.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS