Discussions

Anonymous Icon

Research on changing medical outcome retrospectively

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 by all_connected in Open

Anonymous Icon

commented on Jan. 19, 2013
by all_connected

Hopefully this sounds familiar to someone,,,,

I read a piece some time ago about a study where researchers took multiple year old medical records from a number of patients (cancer I think). The records described pre-treatment diagnosis and prognosis which were reviewed but the outcome of each patient remained unknown.

Half were given to a group of spiritual healers (or possibly lay people, I forget) so they could heal the patient. The other half of the files were left undisturbed. Remember this data was old so the treatments were in the past and many of the patients were either healed or had died by the time this test was run.

Then the post intervention records were reviewed and compared to the control group and the healing group.

The results showed a significantly improved outcome on the patients who received the retrospective healing.

Can anyone help me find this amazing study so I can get more specifics?

Thanks.

• 2 Comments  
  • Anonymous Icon

all_connected Jan 19, 2013

Unfortunately his was a story about prayer.

Not what I am looking for but thanks.

• Anonymous Icon

MsChiron Jan 18, 2013

This sounds like a research project about heart attack patients that Larry Dorsey, MD referenced in his keynote address to a "just for the Health of it" conference in winter 2005 at Marina Del Ray, California.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS