Discussions

The World of True Spiritual Acceptance pt.5

Posted Jan. 12, 2013 by mrmathew1963 in Open

commented on Jan. 24, 2013
by Jeanine Broderick

God’s Acceptance: Let me ask a question here, is the creator or creative consciousness fully accepting or non-accepting of everything? It of course would have to be all accepting so why aren’t we? Recently I had a reply to my concept of acceptance of all which said that one can’t be accepting of other spiritual ideologies because of their own beliefs in their own ideologies so there is always going to be some sort of divide between different ideologies. What this is saying because of our own ideologies conflicts between different ideological beliefs are going to continue no matter what.

As previously stated on this subject one must first distant oneself from past ideologies to allow the concept of acceptance to fully take place before & during our process of becoming aware through various chosen methods. It’s these ideologies that are clouding our true existence by rejecting or refusing to acknowledge all ideologies to one extent or another. To reject any other form of ideology other than your own is conflictive & non-accepting. Of course by accepting another ideology one doesn’t have to take on that ideology as well it just means one should become accepting of other ideologies not dogmatically just following our own ideologies as being the only ideology everyone should follow, this isn’t of God is it?

What this is saying if anyone is fixated on one ideology & is non-accepting of other ideologies they are no closer to the creator than if they had no ideology because the creator is of all consciousness therefore is all accepting of itself with no conflicts towards any ideology, it is all of these ideologies otherwise they wouldn’t exist. What have humans consistently done throughout history? Conflicted with other ideologies spiritual & otherwise & we have always been in conflict because of why? Different ideological belief systems but does the creator have this problem?

Religious within Our Religion: Religion refers to belief in anything like political preference or a belief that my race is better than yours & so forth, religious convictions to a certain doctrine are no different to any other conviction as it also doesn’t accept other so called apposing convictions/ideologies. Is this type of conviction towards certain ideologies close to God/the creative source? Strangely not but we persist in having our own ideological belief systems that are conflictive & non-accepting towards so called apposing ideologies, we couldn’t be further from God even if we wanted to with this sort of non-acceptance.

The question here would be if God is all accepting this must mean he’s accepting of our misery & of all things horrid to us? Yes because we have done those things to ourselves, if god/ the source were non-accepting of such things it would also be in conflict which doesn’t exist within the consciousness of the source accept through us. The creative source does not have religious convictions; we do which make us conflictive towards other convictions different to ours. We could say here if we all had one religious conviction there would be no conflicts & total acceptance!! Is this acceptance of everything we know now? Not at all because only through total acceptance of all can we find true peace & harmony in the world.

Love
Mathew

• 5 Comments  
  • Jeanine Broderick Jan 24, 2013

@ Dustproduction

Personally, I think the "Golden Rule" is part of the problem. This is why:

One reason individuals are uncomfortable with people who are different is that they want validation of their own choices and when others make different choices they feel threatened. If the individuals were provided with a format for validating their own choices, such as the innate emotional guidance system we are all born with, they could eliminate the need for that external validation.

Another reason is The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule says "Treat others as you would like them to treat you." In my opinion, this sets us up -- if we are determined to live by this rule, for situations where we are not comfortable with those who want things done to them that we do not want done to ourselves. There are many activities and actions others welcome into their lives that I personally do not want to experience. I live by other rules such as "Love one another and do no harm." That way I do not have to push against behaviors that I do not want personally. I can just let those who want to have those experiences enjoy them and I can do those things I prefer.

Unless and until individuals feel more empowered and comfortable in their own skin, less concerned about others opinions and more confident that they know how to make choices for themselves that are uniquely suited to their preferences the diversity issues will not diminish very much.

I mean, have you been to the mall lately? I do not want huge holes in my ear lobes but some people do. The ones who do would not want to be restricted from their freedom to have them. Then when you get into some of the alternative lifestyles--there are people who want all sorts of things done to them that I do not want done to me.

If I lived by the Golden Rule that could make me uncomfortable--that their choices are things I do not want to participate in. But since I don't adhere to that Rule I can comfortable co--exist and even have friends who participate in things that I want no part of--if our friendship has another basis. They don't try to get me to participate in their stuff and I don't try to convince them not to do it and we have fun together doing the things we both like.

I think the original rule was probably different from the way it is commonly referred to--probably more along the lines of the "turn the other cheek" and "do not judge" and "love one another" tenets that are in some of the holy books.

Our guidance will tell us how to treat others by feeling good when we do what is in our highest interest in our interactions and feeling less good when our interactions are not in our highest interest. If one of our core desires is to have good relationships our guidance takes that desire into consideration when providing the guidance.
    ♡ Jeanine

Part I

Matthew,

It is possible to be accepting of other beliefs and maintain ones own belief. What is required is a KNOWING of the truth of your belief that is so sound and unshakable that another believing something else does not attack--on any level--your own belief. It is when we are not unshakable in our own belief that another believing differently bothers us. We want them to see it the same as we do to shore up our belief. It is also required that the dogma (if any) attached to the belief system that one believes in with an unshakable faith does not require proselytizing.

I know it is possible because I have that sort of faith in my own beliefs and there is no encouragement to proselytize to anyone--in fact, there is a lack of dogma and an acceptance of everything. The only emotion from God is love; great love.

As far as things that we perceive as horrendous--there is always another perspective. Just because God is able to see all does not mean God looks right at things that are despicable and loves them. God looks at the positive aspects and sees a much broader picture than most of us see. Many religions would say we cannot understand because we cannot see as God sees but we can get a lot closer than most people think.

When you believe that you are an eternal being---living thousands of lifetimes death becomes a very different matter than if you view life as a one shot deal. In fact, think about the movie groundhog day. If you were going to live 1,000 lives would you want to live the same one over and over again? Or would you want to mix it up a bit? My God says most people are so afraid of death that we don't really live. Since I began really living and living fearlessly I have to agree. I say "My God" not because I think "My God" is different than anyone else's God but that they may not accept "My God" as agreeing with their beliefs. I often communicate with non-physical friends who are no longer using their bodies. Death is just a change of scenery; it is not an ending. When you put that into the perspective many of the things that we get upset about become more palatable.

I have experienced some horrendous events in my life (personally). I can see the silver lining (or the gift in the wound) in all of them. That is where God focuses and if we know there is a silver lining or a gift in every wound and look for it our pain subsides much faster because when we find that perspective we are aligned with the perspective of God. I have posted elsewhere here about emotions being communication about whether we are in alignment with the perspective of God (Good feeling=alignment/bad feeling=out of alignment with the degree of negativity reflecting the degree of alignment we are missing).

Part II

My God teaches that what is right for one is guided by their guidance and it may be different than what is right for another so we should allow others to be as they wish to be. We can see in our emotions that when we judge someone else's behavior as wrong we feel worse than we do if we just decide that their decision may be right for them but we are not required to make the same choices for ourselves. My God describes our judgmental behavior as if we have gone to a restaurant and can order whatever we want to eat but we complain what another has ordered and have a bad time because what someone else ordered is not what we like even though they are eating it and we can choose what we wish to eat.

I let go of many judgments after finding the teachings. It was the hardest part and my life is so much better. I have friends I love dearly who before that shift I would have shunned. I have friends in more than a dozen countries and at least that many religious faiths. I don't withhold love with fake conditions. I have conditions about who I allow into my life based on whether it feels good to be around them or not. So I do have standards but I don't judge those I do not want to spend time as "inappropriate"- they just aren't what I want to order from life's delicious menu.
    ♡ Jeanine

• mrmathew1963 Jan 13, 2013

G'day Dustproduction

Yes I totally agree we are not practicing religion but only preaching it which comes from around the time of the dark ages, we really haven't changed that much with this type of ideological thinking I'm afraid.

I brought up a discussion about the difference of acceptance of western to eastern ideology on another site relating also to the times of the crusades & the Mongolian expansionism, the Christians didn't like what I said in saying that the Mongols where more accepting of other religious beliefs than the crusaders. I also mentioned about the thirty year war & the Spanish inquisition & showed them how intolerant & non-accepting Christianity has been & still is today to a certain extent, they are still burning manuscripts.

Religious ideology itself has a lot to answer for but if it wasn’t for religion in the first place things could have been a lot worse I presume.

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jan 12, 2013

This seems to me to be about our ability to be open to a multi-coherence rather than a single coherence. The use of the word "coherence," (of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent, finds a common ground among different "ideology" or the use of a system of ideas.
    Karen Armstrong created the Charter for Compassion because she was seeing that religions were, in her words, "being hijacked" by fundamentalism. She sought to instead bring religions together by focusing on what they had in common, the golden rule, "Do onto others as you would have them do unto you." All religions have a way of expressing this teaching, and it is therefore not a point that divides us, but instead allows us to express it in as many ways as we can. Do not do unto others that which you would not want done unto you.
    In this way religion becomes about practice and not just beliefs. We need to religiously practice what it is that we preach. This is where there is room for acceptance, not total acceptance perhaps, for that must be cultivated in the garden of our wisdom. But it is a start a seed.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS