Discussions

Anonymous Icon

Science and Area 51

Posted June 26, 2011 by happyhabit in Open

Anonymous Icon

commented on July 17, 2011
by 1sunnyjay

I've talked with my dear friend Larry to some length on my feelings about Area 51 and how it is important to our scientific studies. I shared a paper I wrote during one of my classes I took last year and he suggested I share with all of you and get your opinions.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say! Please do not reproduce my research in anyway without my permission thank you.
Michelle

In this paper I will try my best to give unbiased information I have found through various references for both sides of the case on what is at Area 51 and then how it is all related to the scientific field.

The secrecy surrounding Area 51 also includes the date it was built. Some have even gone as far as to say it was built in 2324 and transported back through the time/space continuum. So much has been hidden from the public and everyone seems to have their own answer.

In 1989 a former worker from Area 51 comes forward, Robert “Bob” Lazar, claiming he was hired by the US Government due to his Physics and Electronics major to duplicate material from UFOs with material found on Earth also to figure out just what powered the UFOs so the Air Force would be able to fly the craft themselves. After only 4 months of working at Area 51 felt compelled to show his wife and friends a test flight from a look out view outside the boundaries of Area 51.

1991 Norio Hayakawa, a TV journalist, was harassed by security when he left a viewing area outside of Area 51 after taking pictures. He was chased by a helicopter for 15 minutes as he drove out of the area. The pictures and video he obtained while there shows a hovering white light above a mountain range over area 51 and it then disappears back behind the mountain. Supposedly the video was analyzed by the Japanese and a report is seen in the documentary unfortunately the report is not translated into English. (Hessemann, 2004).

Roger Beard is interviewed showing his home video of a UFO hovering above trees during the daylight hours. The UFO is garbage can shaped. (Hessemann, 2004)

Ray Wardle shows his home video of three UFOs above Vegas area interacting with one another. From the video it is unclear if the objects are UFOs, aircraft or weather balloons. (Hessemann, 2004)

Derek Hennesy an S-4 Security Guard describes and draws UFOs that he saw while working inside Area 51. Tells the interviewer he is on the run due to leaking classified information and that he worked level 2 inside the S-4 building. Describes the nine hanger bays, six glass cylinders with grey aliens submerged in blue liquid (cylinders are 2 feet wide and 6 feet tall). Blurry security film is shown of the glass cylinders, but you can not tell what is inside. (Hessemann, 2004)

David Adair built a magnetic fusion rocket with funds from the Government as an experiment. After he launched it successfully he was flown to Area 51 where he was asked to figure out how an engine functioned. After examination he believed it was symbiotic and built by people out of this world. (Hessemann, 2004)

In 1995 Jim Goodall interviewed his friend Ben Rich, a former Vice President of the Lockheed Corporation and asked what was at Area 51. Ben’s reply was “We have things in the desert that are 50 years beyond what you can comprehend. If you have seen it on Star Trek or Star Wars or whatever science fiction movie you have seen we have been there and done that.” (Patton, 1998, p. 47).

The Alien Interview was a video given to Art Bell in 1996 in July 1996 by someone only identifies by the name “Victor”. This video shows a telepath trying to interview an alien. After a few minutes into the video the alien gets distressed, begins to convulse, and it is said that s/he began to bleed from his/her eyes and nose and then dies. (EyePod, n.d.). Victor returns for a follow up interview in 2008 angry that no one has demanded information proving or disproving his alien video from the Government and UFOologists.

In 1955 Area 51 began testing of a U2 Spy plane, Blackbird SR 71 and Stealth Fighter which all flew out of Area 51 according to Wendell Stevens a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Air Force. (Grizzly Adams Prod [], 2006).

John Lear a CIA pilot was interviewed during for a documentary stating, “Area 51 has to be underground because people are too observant. There are actually more of these underground facilities and not just Area 51” (Hessemann, 2004).

Art Bell radio call in talk show in 1997 receives a call from someone claiming to be an employee of Area 51 let go due to medical leave. The caller claims that aliens are actually “extra-dimensional beings” and they have infiltrated Area 51. People of the world are in danger. Caller then hangs up only to call back a short time later to say it was a hoax. (Bell, 1997).

1970s testing of the F-117 out of Area 51 could have been UFO sighting due to the design of the plane (Patton, 1998, p. 17).

Frank Murray worked at Area 51 flying top secret A-12 spy planes. In 1990 his work was declassified so he was able to legally come forward to talk about this project. (Patton, 1998, pg. 98).

As you can see there is a bunch of fingers pointing in different directions and tons of opinions about what is at Area 51. At this point in time there is no clear evidence either way. Scientists are not stepping forward which I personally believe is not using good science. The people of the world need to be told if there is an Alien presence or if it is in fact just military weapons being built. I believe the world can handle whatever truth there is and if the Government and scientists do not step forward before much longer it will cause distrust and continued speculation with human kind.

If scientists came forward today and said in fact there is alien life on other planets it would have a huge impact. For once people would not believe the universe revolves around them, literally. We could study other cultures and ways of living and who knows what we could possibly learn from other beings and their technologies and scientists.

When it comes to the question what is science and what is it not? Science has its hand in everything even the things we can not prove at this age in time. Science is young and eventually will be able to touch every aspect in our lives.

How do science and society interact? Well in this case sadly they do not. I for one would love to know what the scientists at Area 51 are keeping to themselves.

Do I personally believe in UFOs and intelligent aliens? I can not say for sure. There are still too many questions left unanswered for me. I hope this important issue will someday be discussed with mankind to help close the controversy surrounding Area 51.

Copyright 2011 Michelle Mason

References

Bell, A. (Producer). (1997). Art Bell Talk. Podcast retrieved from http://www.metatech.org/Art_Bell_Area_51_aliens_audio_tape.html

EyePod (n.d.). “Area 51” The Alien Interview Segment. Retrieved November 21, 2009, from http://www.eyepod.org/Video-Alien-Interview.html

Grizzly Adams Prod (Producer). (2006, March 21). Secrets of UFOs: Area 51 Base [Television broadcast]. California: Grizzly Adams Prod.

Hessemann, M. (Executive Producer). (2004, February 17). UFOs & Area 51: Secrets Of The Black World [Television broadcast]. California: Discovery.

Patton, P. (1998). Dreamland : travels inside the secret world of Roswell and Area 51. New York: Villard.

• 6 Comments  
  • Anonymous Icon

1sunnyjay Jul 17, 2011

I believe that the acronym U. F. O. still means UNIDENTIFIED Flying Objects, not ipso facto of extra terrestrial origin. Renowned astrophysicist Carl Sagan once described a "baloney detection kit" — a set of tools that skeptical thinkers use to investigate any new concept. A few of the key tools include a healthy distrust of information that isn't independently verified, critically assessing an idea rather than becoming irrationally attached to it simply because it's intriguing, and a preference for simple explanations over wildly speculative ones.

• Anonymous Icon

derek32 Jul 07, 2011

I think I read where Dr. Mitchell feels aliens have contacted a few humans and have or are shareing some of their understandings regarding technology. This could be possible if you understand that something like this going to be kept out of general knowledge. These people are not going to appear and set up a news conference on the Washington mall announcing to the whole of humanity that they are here. You can imagine the resulting excitement and chaos. And on the subject of abductions with claims of the aliens taking genetic material for cross breeding purposes I can believe this too. And that an agreement has been reached where if we agree to leave them alone to do their thing they will give us some of their knowledge. But you gotta ask who gets this knowledge and what's it used for if hardly anyone knows it. And if this world is a school for spiritual advancement it could be that to interfere with our present state of being by alien peoples is prohibited by higher powers that exist.

• Anonymous Icon

EthanT Jun 29, 2011

By the way, there was a really nice show on recently. I think it was called "Area 51 Declassified" Maybe in History International. It was interesting. They talked about some of the programs, the secrecy involved and methods used, how they recruited, etc. They had several people on there that worked there at the time that hadn't been in the public yet. Pretty good show. I'll see if I can't find more info on it.

• Anonymous Icon

happyhabit Jun 29, 2011

Ethan, I look forward to hearing if you find anything out!

Larry, Thank you!

• Anonymous Icon

EthanT Jun 29, 2011

I am going out to Area 51 to visit the black Mail Box and the Little Ale'in in Rachel, NV, on the way to Vegas in a month or two. I'll do some poking around and see if I can't get some of these questions answered ;-)

Good summary. I still find Edgar Mitchell's report on Roswell rather interesting. And, although Mitchell never said anything about this part of it, the Roswell story eventually ties into the "mythic" lore of Area 51, depending on just how much of that story you want to buy into.

• Larry Davis Jun 29, 2011

NICE WORK MICHELLE

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS