Discussions

Anonymous Icon

Why Worry?

Posted May 5, 2011 by WendyAnn in Open

commented on May 8, 2011
by JeremiahStanghini

Worrying is a complete waste of time. If you worry about something and it works out, you worried for nothing. If you worry about something and it doesn’t work out, you have only made the situation worse by worrying and placing your focus on a result you don’t want, thereby helping to create it. When you allow events to unfold, envisioning the best outcome, you are using your energy and thoughts to create the results you desire. Worrying wastes huge amounts of energy. When you are happy, you have faith that things will turn out well and that the universe will provide solutions. When things continually work out for the best, you will see the magic of life. You will become accustomed to allowing this to happen and you will be happy.

When I moved to New Jersey from Canada in 2000, it was very difficult to find an apartment, but I knew I would find a suitable place to rent. One day, a friend of mine, who did not share my faithful attitude, said to me, “You’re never going to find a place in your price range. It’s impossible.” “Would you just try and be a little more positive?” was my reply.

The next day, out of frustration, I opened the phone book and looked up apartments in the yellow pages. I called the first management company in the list and asked if they had any vacancies. They told me they had a one bedroom unit that I could see any time. I drove there on my lunch hour to have a look and as I pulled up the shady, tree lined street where the garden apartment complex lay nestled, I knew this would be my new home. I was shown the freshly painted apartment with newly refinished wood floors and three windows in the living room overlooking a courtyard filled with trees. I loved it. It was perfect. I told the apartment manager I would take it, but he explained that another woman had just seen the place and she also wanted it. I asked him if I should fill out an application anyway, and he said yes.

I only had a glimmer of hope to get the apartment, but it seems that’s all that was required. At eleven o’clock the next morning I got a call from the management company stating that the other person hadn’t faxed her application and they were inquiring if I still wanted the apartment. I told them I did and that I would be there in an hour with the money. It was Friday and I had just deposited my paycheck, but I knew it wouldn’t clear until Monday. The management company assured me they wouldn’t deposit my rent check until Monday. I signed the rental agreement, got the key, went up to my new home, lay down on the bare floor and breathed a sigh of triumph. I was so elated I didn’t even care that I only had $20 left to my name and a temporary job. I knew it would all work out and you know what, it did.

How do you stop worrying? First you must have that intention and then realize you are in control of your thoughts. You don’t have to worry about anything. Worrying is a habit you learned. You didn’t worry as a child. Why should anything go wrong? Life is not supposed to be full of things going wrong. Almost every day I hear people say, “It’s always something!”

No it’s not! It’s not always something. Stop yourself from thinking that and saying that. If you believe it is always something, it will be. If you believe that things go smoothly, then they will. Consider nature, everything is perfect in the natural world and we are part of that world, so why should we experience mishap after mishap? When you say that it’s always something, you are not allowing yourself to believe that things can go well. You are in opposition to the natural flow of life. So go with the flow and watch life unfold perfectly, the way it’s meant to, and when you hear someone say, “It’s always something,” tell that person “No, it’s not.”

Stay in touch with IONS