Thank you for your interest in submitting posts for consideration on the IONS Blog. Please take a moment to review the Guidelines below.
Blogs fall into our three areas:
- How are we interconnected?
- Blogs exploring the role of Consciousness in the physical world.
- Can we access information not limited by space and time?
- Blogs focusing on the characteristics that allow us to access information and energy from beyond time and space, and the tools that allow us to do that.
- Does that create breakthroughs in transformation, innovation, and well-being?
- Blogs that focus on the role of Consciousness in mental and physical health.
Within each category we focus on 4 Types of Blogs
- Mind Blowers
- Interesting facts and “did you know?” articles.
- Something that could help shift perspectives.
- Historical Anecdote
- Story from the history of a major paradigm shift, noetic experiences that lead to an invention or breakthrough, etc., and how it pertains to our world now.
- Current Events
- News items, book reviews (or what you are reading and why), movies, holidays, and current events that can be talked about through the lens of our work.
- Science projects, publication, presentation, meetings, grant or award, etc., that you are involved in that make good news for our constituents.
- Length for written Blog posts
- Anywhere from 2 to 6 paragraphs (but really, use what you need to make your fascinating point!)
- For longer posts there is an option of doing a blog series (two or more blogs about the same subject that build on one another)
- Visually appealing — we often promote our blogs with social media, which benefits from imagery
- Add your own pictures or videos (we ask that they are pictures you have taken to ensure you have the copyright), or we can try to find something appropriate
- Always give credit to your sources
- Vlogs – video blogs – are also welcome
- We do not currently post blogs for specific events
- However, a relevant and informational blog may also include information about an upcoming event
How to write a better blog post
- Include a specific takeaway or key thought
- Ask questions and get people thinking
- Write content that people can relate to on a:
- Physical level — give them something to do when they’re finished reading
- Emotional level — a strong opinion
- Cognitive level — something to learn that is proven to some degree
- Include an eye catching and intriguing title
- Evoke surprise or curiosity
- Make your reader smile
Submit Your Blog
- Bloggers for IONS' NextGen: Submit your proposed blog with this form
- IONS Fellows: Please email your submission to [email protected]
Submitted blogs will be reviewed by the Communications Team and may be edited prior to posting. You will be notified within 1-2 weeks if your blog has been accepted for publication.