- IONS Leaders
- What are the Noetic Sciences?
- Campus & Retreat Center
- IONS around the World
- Case Studies
- Contact Us
- Grants and Awards
- Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in working with the Institute of Noetic Sciences
These positions are currently open:
About the Institute of Noetic Sciences
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) conducts scientific research into the many facets of consciousness and extended human capacities. IONS puts its research into action toward the creation of a better world through its experiential education programs for every phase of life, and its EarthRise Transformative Learning Center, which provides an inspiring place for people to explore the outer limits of their inner selves.
The Director of Development designs and executes the plan for fundraising activities with an annual targeted goal of $2M and develops and manages donor, member, and community relations. We expect our Director of Development to be a very strong individual contributor (a “doer”), an effective leader of our development team, and a valuable member of our senior management team, reporting directly to the President/CEO, and working closely with the Board of Directors and other key staff members helping to shape strategy and make decisions for our organization as a whole. This person would also supervise at least two direct reports within the development department.
Reports to: CEO/President
Fundraising Strategy and Implementation:
- Work with the President/CEO and Board of Directors on strategies to proactively identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual major gifts prospects.
- Develop the fundraising plan with key internal partners.
- Expand the breadth and depth of major gifts and foundation support.
- Track, manage and pursue leads, prospects and follow-ups passed on by others in the organization.
- Supervise the management and expansion of foundation and government grants program.
Engagement and Donor Communications:
- Foster appealing, enriching engagement and “value-add” experiences with donors, members, program participants, and the public at large.
- Effectively articulate IONS’ mission, objectives, programs, impacts and asks, leading content creation for campaign letters and digital outreach via email, web site, and social media.
- Drive the creation of the Annual Report and other campaign-supporting collateral.
Tools and Best Practices Oversight:
- Ensure that the development database is appropriately utilized by all fundraising staff, and that gift reporting is accurate.
- Recommend best practices for fundraising policies, and identify opportunities to achieve efficiency/effectiveness gains through the implementation of new/modified approaches, practices and processes.
- Work with the technology team to ensure the successful development and deployment of new/modified solutions.
Development Department Leadership:
- Effectively prioritize the Development team’s efforts, owning the achievement of the team’s goals and objectives.
- Create and utilize a set of dashboard metrics to measure/report the outcomes and effectiveness of the development team’s efforts.
- Determine the return on investment of fundraising campaigns/initiatives.
- Manage 2 to 3 development staff members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Every position at IONS requires dependability, reliability, and integrity; excellent capacities for teamwork and collaboration; the ability to use good judgment, be proactive, work independently, and take initiative; excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent time management skills; and technical capacities and proficiency. In addition, this position requires the following:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with advanced education preferred.
- Awareness/understanding of noetic science and/or noetic experiences is extremely helpful.
- 5+ years experience in fundraising with increasing responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility.
- Ability to make direct solicitations of donors.
- Experience creating and implementing capital and annual giving campaigns.
- Experience identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors ($25,000+).
- Knowledge of and experience with planned giving programs.
- Proven ability to effectively lead a team and work in coordination with other team leaders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented focus, with demonstrated ability to work and solve problems independently in order to move projects from inception to completion.
- Research skills and familiarity with fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge, Convio Luminate, DonorSearch ideally) needed to efficiently identify, segment and prioritize prospective major donors and foundations in order to target and tailor fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology/software solutions to manage fundraising efforts.
- Exemplary communications skills, interpersonal skills and professionalism, with ability to interact very effectively with critical external stakeholders.
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to craft compelling, effective messaging and collateral for marketing and fundraising purposes.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification a big plus.
Salary Range: Depending on experience.
Benefits: Benefits including health care, dental care, casual and friendly work environment.
To Apply: Send a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume to jobs(at)noetic.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters please. Position is open until filled.
IONS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state, or local law.
EarthRise at IONS is a 65-room educational retreat center hosting educational programs and workshops that focus on health, personal growth, science, and spirituality. The campus is located approximately 26 miles north of San Francisco at the border of beautiful Marin and Sonoma Counties, just off of Highway 101, and 10 minutes from downtown Petaluma, at 101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, CA. EarthRise is owned by the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS), a non-profit research organization. To learn more: www.noetic.org/earthrise
EarthRise Retreat Center is looking for two part-time housekeepers to join our team.
- Make beds in guest rooms
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms and the guest kitchen
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered chairs and draperies, using vacuum cleaner
- Dust furniture, window sills and blinds
- Gather and empty trash
- Replace light bulbs
- Sort laundry items and load washing machines; fold towels, sheets and tablecloths
- Deep cleaning of meeting rooms and lodging as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who exhibits the following strengths:
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekend and holiday shifts
- Previous Experience Preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and follow instructions in English
- Works independently and takes pride in being a self-starter
- An individual who is a team player and is dedicated to providing excellent service and ensuring EarthRise’s highest cleanliness standards are met
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work in a physically demanding environment; maneuver on uneven ground; stand for long periods of time; regularly lift and carry bags and bundles up to 30 pounds; carry, push and pull vacuums; lift, bend, carry, load and unload laundry in and out of industrial washing equipment; move and arrange furniture; turn mattresses.
A competitive wage based on experience and, depending on eligibility, a vacation or paid-time-off benefit.
If you are interested in applying for a part-time housekeeper position, please submit a resume and brief description of why you’re interested in this position to: General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to General Manager, EarthRise at IONS, 101 San Antonio Rd, Petaluma, CA 94952. No Phone Calls Please.
Applications will be reviewed starting August 1st, 2013.
EarthRise Retreat Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.